The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Filoni to work on a new animated series...

Beniboybling

Excerpt from IGN.com, read the full article here.

In his first interview since the Clone Wars announcement was made, that show's supervising director, Dave Filoni, spoke to our friends at RebelForceRadio.com for an interview going live on Friday, and reveals that he is staying at Lucasfilm Animation and will be involved with the next Star Wars animated series.

During the interview, Filoni is asked if he’ll continue with Star Wars animation, and replies, “Well, that’s my plan!”

Filoni notes that Star Wars is “obviously important to me and I’ve had a very great time working here. I’ve really helped build the animation division from when I got here and there were only a handful of people.”

Filoni goes on to explain, “At this point, I am involved in some early production discussions and exploration of what we’ll be doing with Star Wars animation in the future, which is really exciting for me and I have some friendly faces around me, of course, that are helping me on the project. So it’s a transition time, as I’ve said before, and I think it will lead to an exciting time and hopefully I’ll see things grow again.”

Old news, but few people have picked up on it. I personally would love to see a new animated series of the quality of the Clone Wars, but still remain frustrated that the Clone Wars was cancelled in the first place. Thoughts?

Edited by Beniboybling

I'm still upset over some of the retcons found in TCW (Adi's epic death at the hands of Grievous), as well as some of the characterization (Count Dooku isn't Sir Lee-like enough).

However, to avoid similar retcons, I would prefer it be in a relatively content free zone. If Disney does go the route of retconning post-ROTJ, perhaps this animated series can fill in some gaps between movies. At least whatever the spin-offs don't get to.

I'm still upset over some of the retcons found in TCW (Adi's epic death at the hands of Grievous), as well as some of the characterization (Count Dooku isn't Sir Lee-like enough).

However, to avoid similar retcons, I would prefer it be in a relatively content free zone. If Disney does go the route of retconning post-ROTJ, perhaps this animated series can fill in some gaps between movies. At least whatever the spin-offs don't get to.

The gaps between the movies are already filled though, with their own books and such. Or wait...or is Disney if they go through with it, actually gonna overhaul the EU entirely?

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

The gaps between the movies are already filled though, with their own books and such. Or wait...or is Disney if they go through with it, actually gonna overhaul the EU entirely?

It is likely that they could just sweep away most post-ROTJ EU. I wouldn't put it past them, especially if they want to make more mone- I mean movies. (:D)

However, I am interested to see where this series takes place. If the quality can be similar or better than late TCW quality, then it should be good.

It is likely that they could just sweep away most post-ROTJ EU. I wouldn't put it past them, especially if they want to make more mone- I mean movies. (:D)

However, I am interested to see where this series takes place. If the quality can be similar or better than late TCW quality, then it should be good.

No I know the post-ROTJ stance, they can if they want. What I mean is, the EU that is in the movies...would they overhaul that is what I mean. I don't see so....but then in doing so, it would get rid of some characters(Dash Rendar) and some other stuff I am sure.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Disney would be foolish to sweep away most of the EU. Yes, there are parts I would not mind (and believeshould be) seeing retconned. Things like The Crystal Star, Death Troopers and The Force Unleashed. Seriously, Galen Marek is such a poorly written character and the whole TFU story is only mediocre at best. I would love to see that retconned out of existance. The Crystal is even worse. That story sucked! Death Troopers was nearly as bad.

I'd say a good 75% of the current EU will remain, with some tweaking here and there as well as continuity clean up. There is a LOT of money Disney can rake in from the current EU, especially the characters. Some of the most popular characters in Star Wars are EU. Thrawn, Mara Jade, the Solo children, Kyle Jatarn, Corran Horn, Aurra Sing and many others. Disney could make a fortune selling merchandise based off those characters. They would be stupid not too! I just hope they don't do any Disney Princesses stuff involving Leia. I think she would rather kiss a wookiee than be a Disney Princess. :p

Woah woah woah woah woah....

Adi?

As in Ki Adi Mundi or am i missing someone else COMPLETELY, because ive never heard of that one o.0

Woah woah woah woah woah....

Adi?

As in Ki Adi Mundi or am i missing someone else COMPLETELY, because ive never heard of that one o.0

Adi Gallia. Her death was the most epic kill Grievous has had (aside from Sha'a Gi). But it's gone now. :(

Adi Gallia. Her death was the most epic kill Grievous has had (aside from Sha'a Gi). But it's gone now. :(

Ok, you see i knew that, but i completely misread your text to say the Adi was killed by grevious in the NEW canon, not the old one XD

Yes i was very annoyed when Adi Galia died at the hands of Opress, especially because she was due to die in the new novel anyway, at the hands of maul, but they changed that too :confused:

Ok, you see i knew that, but i completely misread your text to say the Adi was killed by grevious in the NEW canon, not the old one XD

Yes i was very annoyed when Adi Galia died at the hands of Opress, especially because she was due to die in the new novel anyway, at the hands of maul, but they changed that too :confused:

It happens. Misreads and retcons. The former is fine, the latter... not so much.

I stumbled upon the Clone Wars almost by accident, but grew to love it. The quality of both the writing and the animation has continued to improve as the series has gone on. I would even go so far as to say that I think the Clone Wars is much better than the prequel films which inspired it.

So, I'll be gutted if it never gets a proper ending. It deserved to be finished off, not just abandoned. If Disney has cancelled it, then they have cancelled it one season too early. I would have loved to have seen a final season which tied up loose ends and set up the action in episode 3.