The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Battle of the Shadow Units!

Wolfninjajedi

Ok to break away from all the Jedi/Sith VS threads and the like, here is one pitting 3 groups(from 3 factions) squaring off against one another. Its the battle of the Shadow Units, and here are the contestants!

Storm Commandos

VS

Clone Shadow Troopers!

VS

Rebel Infiltrators

Each team has 5 members, what they are wearing is also displayed by the ref pictures(though no magseals for the Clones this is purely relying on skill not tricks), now here is the equipment for each team.

========

Storm Commando Equipment

- Scout Blaster pistols

- Vibrodaggers

======

Clone Shadow Troopers

- DC-17 hand blasters

- Vibrodaggers

=======

Rebel Infiltrators

- DL-44 heavy blaster pistols

-Vibrodaggers

===================

Now to give an idea of who these guys are...

Storm Commandos

These commando forces were created with the intention of performing specific tasks that regular soldiers were incapable of accomplishing. As such, they were considered an elite unit within the Imperial Military and operated within small forces with an emphasis on stealth as well as covert operations over brute force. The members of the Storm Commandos were trained to perform covert assaults, precision strikes and sabotage operations against enemy forces.

Clone Shadow Troopers

Used primarily for reconnaissance, shadow troopers would operate either alone or in pairs. While still in their armor, they would work undercover, posing as bounty hunters or other mercenaries, which allowed them to discreetly enter and leave locations and adequately collect valuable intelligence. During the reign of Emperor Palpatine, shadow troopers' roles would extend to protection, and they would be assigned to guard either installations or key personnel.

Rebel Infiltrators

Formally the SpecForce 5th Regiment, the Infiltrators were the elite commandos of Rebel Alliance Special Forces. Chosen for both skill and motivation, Infiltrators were tasked with the riskiest missions. Capable of entering the most heavily guarded Imperial installations, starships and planets, Infiltrators acted as saboteurs, abductors, rescue operators, spies and assassins. Rebel Infiltrators were among the most feared of the SpecForce divisions, specially chosen for their distinct hatred of the Empire.

=========

Location: http://www.gamebanshee.com/starwarskotorii/locations/maps/gotosyacht.jpg

Storm Commandos starting position: Number 15

Clone Shadow Troopers starting position: Number 2

Rebel Infiltrator starting position: Number 9

Begin the fight!

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Tough choice. I think I'll go with the Storm Commando's though. They have the advantage of position, and can simply set up and wait for either faction to try to sneak in.

If that isn't allowed, then it will probably be the Rebels or Clones. The Storm Commandos could get caught in the middle and wiped out. Don't know where it would go then.

Tough choice. I think I'll go with the Storm Commando's though. They have the advantage of position, and can simply set up and wait for either faction to try to sneak in.

If that isn't allowed, then it will probably be the Rebels or Clones. The Storm Commandos could get caught in the middle and wiped out. Don't know where it would go then.

Ya they can't just wait out the other team in their starting position, they gotta keep moving however that doesn't exclude stealth kills or something along those lines.

Ya they can't just wait out the other team in their starting position, they gotta keep moving however that doesn't exclude stealth kills or something along those lines.

Ah, well then I might have to go with the Clones. Provided the sensors in those helmets can pick up guys lurking in the shadows.

Ah, well then I might have to go with the Clones. Provided the sensors in those helmets can pick up guys lurking in the shadows.

Not seeing anything about sensors, all their armor is, is Phase 2 clone armor and the only difference between the two is the magseals(which they can't use here, its all skill based). I might give the edge though to the Rebs, seeing as gorilla tactics is their main thing that they are use to and so while moving they could take the other teams by surprise. However in open combat, it could go either of the 3 ways it just depends on which team could down the other 2 first.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi