I think my approach to crafting is bad. Need help

Ten_Ton_Hammer

I'm a 55 sorc, chosen to craft Cybertech. Started late, so I'm at about 373 Cybertech with 400 Scavenging and 400 Slicing.

I have not invested the time to get the most out of the system because resources are so hard to find. I have plenty of the standard grade mats, but it's so hard to acquire the rare mats you need for blues. Is there another way besides just running crew missions to acquire Blue and Purple mats? And, is there an easier way to stockpile the common mats other than just taking the time to crawl through low-level environments when you're a 55?

It would be nice to have a source of income besides just running dailies every day, just for variety's sake. I wouldn't even mind making a business of simply selling green and blue mods and enhancements to lower-levels without price gouging, but is it worth it?

Where can I get schematics to craft things that will really sell?

Also, I picked Cybertech mainly to make mods. Do the other items like earpieces and grenades turn a decent profit?

For Cybertech you need the blue mats from Underworld Trading. THose cannot be gathered normal way, you have to run crew missions for those. Same as with purple mats for purple items - they come only from crit successess on bountiful/rich UT missions.

Slicing is only useful for endgame crafting of augments, but as Cybertech you cannot craft any augments, so I'd really advise to respecc slicing for Underworld Trading.

I never bothered with making purples. For all my leveling alts I used blues only, thus I never had problems with lack of mats. On the other hand, I never really bothered with making money from crafting, I prefer to run dailies hour a day, it gives me enough money.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.