Complaint: Gear Complainers Read Here

Beastchew

Hi All,

I know there are some problems with the new bolster system and you want to rage about how you think you're getting screwed but you have the option to do a few things, which are listed below.

1. PVE Gear > PVP Gear: BW already made a statement how the effects of the new bolster system were unintended and will be fixed in the next patch, so if your waiting for a post card with an apology on it start holding your breath now, it's doing everyone else a favor.

2. WH and EWH = PARTISAN: You don't need to be a genius to figure out if they release new content they release new gear, let me know if you see anyone using Classic PVP/PVE gear in any other MMORPG once they release an update and ill edit this comment. But if you can't then shut the heck up play the game and get your gear back, stop whining because you can't three hit people any more.

3. BOLSTER, Generally Speaking: I think as well as many other do, just because you cant devote your life to a video game you should be punished for it. Following that thought all guys complaining about gear issues because it's frustrating to keep losing. That's how most people feel and bolster is placing everyone on leveling the playing field. If you don't want to PVP with someone on an equal footing uninstall your game and go get another hobby, we beg you.

SOLUTION: Really Simple, use the most effective gear and save your commendations for Conq gear, when it does get fixed we won't have to hear you whine

END: I have read many complaints and thus far none have really been what a sane, rational person would call valid. If you are reading this sentence your probably raging at me because I am supporting BW side and will probably flame me or something. I am selling tampons and Pamprin on the GTN for all those who cant stop crying. Play the game because you enjoy it, not because you need to have every piece of the top level gear in the first week of release to be happy Thank you for your time.

SYNOPSIS: If this topic applies to you, you are the poster child for everything that is wrong with the world today please do us a favor, and stop existing. You are taking up good oxygen that the rest of us need.

bolster is placing everyone on leveling the playing field.

lol, so you think that if one team has a 4man premade that all have underworld gear without enhancements/augments and +300-500 stats, that's a level playing field?

Bolster is broken, plain and simple. It will continue to be broken and bioware will do nothing to fix it. Why? Because every time they "fix" some exploit, another one is going to pop back up like the head of a hydra.

Remove bolster from 55 (leave 10-54 broken, don't care), then introduce a new MK-3 recruit gear set that doesn't suck or have a HUGE stat gap like previous sets. THAT will allow a more even playing field. Not completely even, mind you, as there will always be double premades vs all pugs with this lovely matchmaking system, stacked smashers, stacked bands of stunlocking operatives, etc., but more even at least.

Said it before and I'll say it again: there is NO SKILL in pvp right now, just whoever can exploit the system the most to get the most stats and thus the most advantage over the enemy team.

Fail system is fail, no matter how many times you patch it.

You're missing the point.

Pre 2.0, Geared people could carry non-geared/non-skilled people that wanted to PvP.

Now? More unskilled/ungeared people are coming into warzones, and ruining it for the people trying to have meaningful PvP.

Before, the gear was a deterrent for unskilled/ungeared people. Now there is no deterrent and flocks of terrible players are filling up the WZ, ruining MY experience. No one wants ungeared/unskilled players on their team or going against them. It simply doesn't make WZ's any fun.

Ranked warzones are a joke, because BW keeps changing their rules on Bolster. The people wanting to participate in RWZ want to have BIS/min-maxed/maximum advantage as possible. But because BW can't figure out why this failure of a system should be like. There are 2-3 other bugs/glitches I've found to otherwise gain an unfair advantage over your competition.

Simply put, bolster has no place in max level warzones. If you want to PvP with bolster, then they should create a separate bolster bracket. So at 55 there would be Bolstered WZ's, Unbolstered WZ's, bolstered ranked warzones and unbolstered RWZ's. The only reason PvP'ers would join the bolstered brackets, would be to farm the nubs.

This could be solved if BW would simply create a PTS-like server where PvP'ers could copy their characters and face off in truly competitive warzones against people from all the different servers.

You're missing the point.

Pre 2.0, Geared people could carry non-geared/non-skilled people that wanted to PvP.

Now? More unskilled/ungeared people are coming into warzones, and ruining it for the people trying to have meaningful PvP.

Before, the gear was a deterrent for unskilled/ungeared people. Now there is no deterrent and flocks of terrible players are filling up the WZ, ruining MY experience. No one wants ungeared/unskilled players on their team or going against them. It simply doesn't make WZ's any fun.

Ranked warzones are a joke, because BW keeps changing their rules on Bolster. The people wanting to participate in RWZ want to have BIS/min-maxed/maximum advantage as possible. But because BW can't figure out why this failure of a system should be like. There are 2-3 other bugs/glitches I've found to otherwise gain an unfair advantage over your competition.

Simply put, bolster has no place in max level warzones. If you want to PvP with bolster, then they should create a separate bolster bracket. So at 55 there would be Bolstered WZ's, Unbolstered WZ's, bolstered ranked warzones and unbolstered RWZ's. The only reason PvP'ers would join the bolstered brackets, would be to farm the nubs.

This could be solved if BW would simply create a PTS-like server where PvP'ers could copy their characters and face off in truly competitive warzones against people from all the different servers.

You are equaling skill with gear, that is what bolster is trying to negate.

END: I have read many complaints and thus far none have really been what a sane, rational person would call valid.

None? Really?

So even those hundreds of complaints which were apparently valid enough to warrant several official responses which all came to the sam official conclusion of the developers: Yeah, you are right, we have messed up, the bolster has several major issues.

The same complaints which will see the third (!) hotfix deployed soon within a span of 10 days to get a grasp of things.

You are talking about these "invalid" complaints?

/thread

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.