Is this pc good?

ITIATT

My current pc doesn't run the game to well. 20-30fps with constant dips to around 15.

specs:

processor: AMD Athlon II X2 270

processor speed: 3.4GHz

processor cores: 2

RAM: 8GB PC10666 (1333Mhz DDR3)

optical drive: 24 x DVD±RW

graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6450

power supply: 500 Watts

anything else you need to know?

how could this computer run swtor?

thanks.

Edited by ITIATT

You shouldn't be having difficulty running the game with that setup. First of all, make sure you don't have any programs running in the background that might be hogging resources. Make sure your drivers are up to date. Finally, turn the SWTOR graphics all the way down and then manually start turning things up; you may find one specific setting that causes FPS loss that you can leave out while leaving everything else on.

Here's a breakdown I found about model numbers for AMD.

The prefix and series just show what generation graphics card it is. The most recent is the 5-series (or 5000 series). The model number is what to look at. The higher the model number, the more powerful the graphics card.

Model numbers 800-990 are for enthusiasts. They are the high-end, more expensive cards. (i.e.: HD 5870, HD 4890)

Model numbers 600-790 are mainstream. They are the usual cards that can handle most operations and games at reasonable settings. (i.e.: HD 5770, HD 4670)

Model numbers 330-590 are budget cards. They are value cards for people without much cash to spend or those that don't play many games. (i.e.: HD 3450, HD 4350)

Model numbers 000-330 are Integrated. They are the graphics processors built right into the motherboard. (i.e.: X1250, HD 3200)

This is a bit old, 5 series is no longer the latest, the 6 series is. You're going to want a mainstream or enthusiast card.

Hi there!

There are existing discussion threads regarding computer hardware which you may find very helpful:

You can also check out our General FAQs for information about minimum system specifications.

In the interest of consolidating discussion, we have closed this thread. Please use one of the topics linked above for further questions and discussion of hardware specifications. Thank you!