Cool Under Pressure vs. Bravado for a Sharpshooter

Pilgrim_Grey

The ONLY talent that adds Cdamage is Aim High and Crit% on ability's is Deadeye. Surge may be a bit useful but not enough for me to stack up only about 100 - 150 surge. And what's this On Cooldown nonsence? i still dont understand it. do you mean every time it is off CD that you use it? that term has confused me since ive heared it...

I dont need to use numbers to see what's so blatantly obvious. If your not taking crit (stock crit chance is 5% stock crit bonus is 50%) then you should not take surge (exception is Combat Sent). those stats go hand in hand. Same goes for Power and Alacrity they go almost hand in hand (not exactly but close enough).

Burst Volley is 2 energy regen a sec buff for 15 seconds. Lets do some simple math just to appease you. If your stock energy regen is 1 (i know its not but just bear with me) if you have Burst Volley up then it goes up to 3 for 15 seconds. Lets take a 15 second period of time. Lets also factor in if you took Bravado and the Operative 4 piece setbonus (columi). You have 115 energy at that point. So in 15 seconds without Burst Volley you would gain 15 energy (enough to recover from one trickshot.) With it you would gain 45 energy in that same 15 second period (enough to recover from 1 CB and 1 trickshot [untalented Trickshot]) But you have to factor in that Burst Volley's CD is 45 seconds (incredibly high if you ask me 35 or 30 second CD is plenty) so you ONLY get that 15 second burst of 3 energy regen/sec every 45 seconds. 45 energy is about 65% of your energy bar. We havent even factored in Alacrity into this (or Foxhole) or any other things (alacrity relics, and adrenals)

All told not counting Alacrity your energy regen with Burst Volley IS good BUT you have it only every 45 seconds. Its not worth it if you just stack enough alacrity to make your energy regen go up. Your alacrity as a Sharpshooter should already be really high (15% - 20%) so in all reality you dont NEED Burst Volley its kinda just there.

You seriously can't be helped.

I guess Slick Shooter doesn't add crit, right?

Yes, using something "on cooldown" means to use it as soon as it comes up.

You're arguing Burst Volley doesn't matter. For 1 talent point, what other talent that you take over that is going to give you 30 energy every 45 seconds and 3.33% static alacrity?

You say you can just gear to "factor it out". That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Even if you wanted to gear Alacrity that high, then BV would just stack on top of that and give you even more benefit. I don't know who taught you to play MMO's and to value talents, but they did a horrible job.

You -have- to be a troll. Nobody is this helpless.

Edited by emidas

You seriously can't be helped.

I guess Slick Shooter doesn't add crit, right?

Yes, using something "on cooldown" means to use it as soon as it comes up.

You're arguing Burst Volley doesn't matter. For 1 talent point, what other talent that you take over that is going to give you 30 energy every 45 seconds and 3.33% static alacrity?

You say you can just gear to "factor it out". That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Even if you wanted to gear Alacrity that high, then BV would just stack on top of that and give you even more benefit. I don't know who taught you to play MMO's and to value talents, but they did a horrible job.

You -have- to be a troll. Nobody is this helpless.

I forgot Slick Shooter ok? some people slip up. jeez...

Im not trolling. your the one not seeing the logic.

Ignorant trolls will be ignorant.

and also as i always say "You cant fix stupid"

Good Day,

Ceskill Starbound

I forgot Slick Shooter ok? some people slip up. jeez...

Im not trolling. your the one not seeing the logic.

Ignorant trolls will be ignorant.

and also as i always say "You cant fix stupid"

Good Day,

Ceskill Starbound

Your entirely credibility (not that you have any to begin with) goes out the window when you prove a basic lack of knowledge about the class.

Nice job backing up all of your baseless assumptions with fact, by the way.

You are the personification of ignorance. Take it easy.

Edited by emidas

Well, Emidas, you tried. Just depressing when someone doesn't want to listen to reasoned advice or at least have a a reasoned debate about things. Thanks for sharing all the info in the thread, everyone. I at least feel like I have a better handle on the pros and cons of things for Sharpshooting.