"Tertiary" Stats for Tanks

ChewyYui

First of, I'd like to say that I am not the best at the game when it comes to knowledge of all these new changes.

Anyway, I have a few questions that I am hoping someone can answer, as I am uncertain on the things.

Q1 - Does the "Tertiary" stats have any use to a Shadow tank?

Primary Stats - Endurance, Willpower. Secondary Stats - Absorb, Defence, Shield. Tertiary Stats - Accuracy, Alacrity

(That's just to give a bit of clarity to what I mean, I don't care if the primary/secondary/tertiary stuff is right)

The reason I ask this, is because Bioware still puts Accuracy on tank gear, and I haven't geared up much, so I'm asking in-case I DO actually need Accuracy / Alacrity etc.

Pre 2.0 I always took Accuracy as useless for Shadow Tank, but I read somewhere Acc and Alac has had their mechanics (or w/e) changed. (( I know the Alacrity changes to some extent))

Q2 - Assuming these tertiary stats have any viability, how much number-wise should I be aiming for?

If they are useless, Q2 is void.

This all may already exist on the forums, so I apologise.

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies (if any)!

Quite simply accuracy and alacrity are inferior to the "secondary" stats you listed. For example it would be good to replace an enhancement with endurance/shield/accuracy with an enhancement with endurance/shield/defense on it. If there was going to be a tertiary stat for you as a tank it would probably be power.

Quite simply accuracy and alacrity are inferior to the "secondary" stats you listed. For example it would be good to replace an enhancement with endurance/shield/accuracy with an enhancement with endurance/shield/defense on it. If there was going to be a tertiary stat for you as a tank it would probably be power.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I thought that was the case, but with Bioware insisting on putting useless stats on things, I wasn't too sure. Thanks again!

The way stats are modeled follows:

Primary: Endurance and Willpower

Secondary: Shield

Tertiary: Absorb and Defense

Anything taken other than those results in less points being put into actual mitigation stats. Obviously as a tank you want to get the most mitigation possible.

That being said, the accuracy and alacrity mechanics have changed to make each stat more viable, but still not more viable than the dedicated tanking stats we have at our disposal.

Edited by Simmerr