Good work devs - credit where it's due.

UltimateKrucible

OK, I've *****ed and moaned about bolster like the rest of you, so it was with some trepidation I logged on last night to see what the latest changes had wrought.

Donned my EWH gear and compared stats with the limited PVE set I use. Was quietly surprised to see I had the equivalent of a full set of Dreadguard (Or whatever the set above BH is).

Unequipped my PvP relics and offhand focus (they still have exp on them, guys) And got stats of 1850 exp, and 2000+ main plus 2000+ end. And so to battle.......

And dear me, I was an unstoppable avatar of death, chewing through the opposition like they were made of cardboard. And they were giving as good as they got. All in all it was the most balanced session I've had in a long time ... possibly ever.

Now, I know a lot of people are upset to be losing their PvP gear - but honestly, we''ve still got it. You've got good stats and bolster fills in the exp loss. So why complain about it.

I did see others running around with more HP and slightly better stats, and it appears that we still need to figure out what's the best set-up. But in my old PvP set I was as viable as I ever was - perhaps more so.

I'm confident that with tweaks we're back on track to great PvP again. So gj, all.

And dear me, I was an unstoppable avatar of death, chewing through the opposition like they were made of cardboard. And they were giving as good as they got. All in all it was the most balanced session I've had in a long time ... possibly ever.

You might want to reread the defintion of "balance".

Thanks for confirming that the new bolster sytem still is broken and does not even fulfill its only reason to exits in the first place: More balance.

You might want to reread the defintion of "balance".

Thanks for confirming that the new bolster sytem still is broken and does not even fulfill its only reason to exits in the first place: More balance.

Might want to read the next line after what you underlined... The part where the OP says "and they (enemy) were giving as good as they got". Meaning the enemy was doing just as good as the OP was...

Might want to read the next line after what you underlined... The part where the OP says "and they (enemy) were giving as good as they got". Meaning the enemy was doing just as good as the OP was...

So you say that both teams apparently consisted out of "unstoppable avatar(s) of death, chewing through the opposition like they were made of cardboard"?

Who were they chewing through? The "unstoppable"Avatars of death" of the other team - who at the the same time as being an "unstoppable Avatars of death" were made out of cardbord? This makes no sense...

Edited by Arutar

So you say that both teams apparently consisted out of "unstoppable avatar(s) of death, chewing through the opposition like they were made of cardboard"?

Who were they chewing through? The "unstoppable"Avatars of death" of the other team - who at the the same time as being an "unstoppable Avatars of death" were made out of cardbord? This makes no sense...

Apperantly so... It was a regular cardboard massacre, the battlefield was littered with the mangled corpses of boxes.

I'm not saying his post didn't have some contradiction in it, but he did say the enemy was doing just as good as his team.

OK - perhaps I went a little bit far in my hyperbole. What I mean to say, for the avoidance of doubt, is that both sides were evenly matched.

Without wanting to boast, however, I was in the top teir. This was, I think, because of the time I spent grinding for EWH. I simply played my class better than a lot of my opponents because I've practiced more.

The real point of the post is the stats I gave you and the fact that EWH makes you extremely competitive in 30-54 PvP. If I can do it, anyone can - we are all the same now, and it turns out skill rises to the surface.

That may change when I get to 55 and am outgeared. But I always expected to have to grind for a new set of the best gear, so that will take care of itself.

Personally, I'm beginning to come round to the idea that maybe there shouldn't be PvP gear at all. But then we need something else to work towards..... Cosmetic gear? Seems a bit meh. PVE gear from PvP? Too radical? Food for thought, anyway.

Aside from that, I will say that healers need a bit of a nerf atm, but we've got a great base to start from as the tweaks come in moving forward.

Edited by UltimateKrucible