Bolster system - please confirm

DKDArtagnan

I've been told that the bolster system does something like this:

Scales ALL stats (including weapon damage) for ALL players - based on GEAR FOR YOUR CURRENT LEVEL to stats of a level close to the highest level player in the WZ.

Meaning, basically, that your gear MATTERS a lot even when you're low level, and your gear MATTERS a lot when you're high level.

If I understand this correctly, it means there's ALWAYS a good reason to upgrade, and it means the "ONLY" disadvantages as a low level player are:

Fewer abilities

Fewer talent points (which also grant unique abilities)

If that is correct, then I have to say the BOLSTER system is absolutely brilliant.

It means we all get to fight each other early on the server, building a community.

It means we all have a good reason to upgrade, because it will give us all advantages.

It means we don't have to wait for WZ, because there are no brackets.

It means we don't get endless meaningless gear upgrades because of too many brackets.

It means when we DO get a gear upgrade (through PvP) it matters and you can really feel it.

GREAT.

As for open world PvP and no reward, that's apparently not true at all. AFAIK, you get MERCENARY commendations for killing players and capturing objectives. These provide the same level of rewards as the WZ commendations. So, it is NOT pointless. It just means you can do what you prefer and you'll get rewarded.

You are correct. Stats scale basing on your current lvl/current gear. So basically I had amazing pvp gear set at lvl 20 and close to 14k HP in warzones. However as I leveled up and gear has grown old, my HP has dropped to 12k - something. Hope this confirms it for you. (HP is based on Endurance btw).

You are correct. Stats scale basing on your current lvl/current gear. So basically I had amazing pvp gear set at lvl 20 and close to 14k HP in warzones. However as I leveled up and gear has grown old, my HP has dropped to 12k - something. Hope this confirms it for you. (HP is based on Endurance btw).

That sounds good. Really great system :)

That sounds good. Really great system :)

Yes, only real downside is lvl 50. Basically all the levels before you invest a lot of time leveling and your stats keep diminishing, whilst at 50, only thing you do is upgrade your gear, so you keep getting stronger and stronger. I think they will be separating lvl 50s soon however.

Yes, only real downside is lvl 50. Basically all the levels before you invest a lot of time leveling and your stats keep diminishing, whilst at 50, only thing you do is upgrade your gear, so you keep getting stronger and stronger. I think they will be separating lvl 50s soon however.

Well, your stats only diminish for the WZs - so upgrading makes a lot of sense. At 50, I suspect you will enjoy your gear upgrades in world PvP, and yes, I think you're right that they will eventually separate 1-49 and 50 for WZs.