The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Remove Scum and Villainy from Group Finder, replace with EC HM

DarthWoad

In my opinion, I think S&V should be removed from the level 55 group finder queue and replaced with EC HM.

This is a new raid, not many people will understand the tactics, or in other words, can't be bothered to look online for the tactics, and so ruin other peoples first time to raid. If you're in a guild, thats brilliant. No problem there. In my opinion, I think TFB story mode (level 55) and EC HM (level 50-55) take the same time to complete, which is why I think they should both be on group finder queue.

But some pugs join, fail, and leave. Sometimes everyone leaves, meaning you're locked out on the first 2 bosses, and it may be difficult to find a group who will continue from the 3rd boss, which means you may never get your weekly. TFB sm and EC HM aren't that difficult, both of the raids have been out for a while, so more people are likely to know the tactics and whizz through the raid.

I use group finder for when I want to join a quick game outside of my guild. Earlier today, me and a few guildies (about 5 of us) queued through group finder after failing to find anyone in general chat, only to find the 3 people who joined were traffic cones sitting in front of a computer.

S&V is a long raid, which means more AFK time, more people are likely to leave, etc... in my opinion it simply isnt meant to be on the group finder queue. Maybe in a few months it should be on, but right now, nope.

I think the group finder interface should be like the one below

Terror from Beyond - Level 55 Operation

Explosive Conflict Eternity Vault Karaggas Palace - Level 50-55 Hard Mode Operations

Explosive Conflict Eternity Vault Karaggas Palace - Level 50 Operations

Edited by DarthWoad

If you want a quick op, don't go random. It's always a risk and seriously? EC HM would be as risky as everything else.

But not as risky considering level 55s can group up with level 50s...and all the enemies are level 50 so

I see no reason to remove S&V to be honest but I'd like to have the other three who available to level 55's. Bioware may find this shocking but I actually enjoyed doing EV SM, every so often, through the GF... for the fun factor. I didn't care for the loot but rather the epicness of the operation, especially whenever Soa would shout at the group.