The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Requirements for SM ops

CthulhuRyleh

Just curious if there are any serious requirements for SM ops. I recall seeing that SM EV is easy enough but I imagine that running in wearing green quality gear will get you killed. I just want to know to what extend I just plan on gearing out my guy to just to try to run it. I have a PT who I want to tank with, although still missing a few pieces of tank gear to fill out my ensemble.

level 49 blues should be enouth as they have better stats as recruit, which was minimum to run EV/KP

on other hand, EC sm, even if nerfed to the ground, still require some knowledge of mechanics so you know... you won't kill every one.

on that note, I did EC sm other night as a healer, and it was silly easy. (group finder random pug)

Edited by Atramar

Oh that's good! My tank currently has two pieces that he got from classic commendations and am replacing everything with blues for tanking. By the sounds of it that should suffice.

just make sure you have Endurance armorings (I mean more endu then aim ones), enhancments with shield/absorb (hard to tell should they be more tank stats or endurance, I'd suggest max shield and absorb (but I can be wrong, at SM more endurance might be proven better), less worrying about enudrance at story mode), and atleast try to get some Augments, shield or absorb or def chance. in worst case, I guess endu/power will be better then nothing.

Edited by Atramar

This kinda brings up another question actually. Are the requirements for 50 HM FP less or more than SM ops?

Less. The original HM Flashpoints (bar KUS and LI) were meant as a means to get the gear to be able to complete SM EV & KP.

Less. The original HM Flashpoints (bar KUS and LI) were meant as a means to get the gear to be able to complete SM EV & KP.

So best place to start would be running HM Black talon for my PT? Wow I don't think I ever said that out loud........it just makes sense.

So best place to start would be running HM Black talon for my PT? Wow I don't think I ever said that out loud........it just makes sense.

just go group finder for random HM (don't forget the daily) and after 3-4 runs you should be up good for SM ops.

note, it might be hard on you if you get Kaon or LI, but you can always either leave, or ask to get kicked if healer don't want the challenge, you will get next pop soon enouth.