Mods/armoring/barrels upgrades every 2 lvs is a bit much

DarthBizz

I took cybertech as a crafting skill and I absolutely loooove it BUT... I believe that getting new mods to work on every 2 lvs - considering you gain 2 levels an hour - is taking away some of the fun. Maybe every 4 levels would make more sense since it gives more time for people to focus on their gear and more time for crafters to work on those upgrades.

Also since custom items are HIGHLY modifiable (which is absolutely great) it could be nice for people to enjoy working on their gear instead on dreading "that next level where you need to start over again".

Maybe consider more variety: more prototypes of different grades. There are already advanced and mastercraft possibilities with crafting. Have the same on mods/barrels/enhancements where same lv enhancements can have different stats and offer various bonuses.

Also maybe have mod stats be a bit random: instead of a set number, lets say a lv 20 mod can give 7-9 endurance and 10-13 of the other stat. It would keep the economy running and give time for people to look after those prototype or artifact enhancements.

Random values are no good, anything lower than the max value would be considered a fail and thus waste of time and ressources.

I am on Artifice 110+ and so far only crafted a single crift Premium (green) Focus item in all that time...

I also RE everything and only got a a few blue schematics now and only a single purple. Bad luck for me.

I totally agree with the OP, half the steps could be dumped. A new line of items every 2nd level is way too much.

I totally agree with the OP, half the steps could be dumped. A new line of items every 2nd level is way too much.

Agreed. Having gear become obsolete so quickly serves only to stop it ever being used during levelling. We don't want another WoW, where any crafted gear below max level is virtually useless.

Agreed. Having gear become obsolete so quickly serves only to stop it ever being used during levelling. We don't want another WoW, where any crafted gear below max level is virtually useless.

Except thats Exactly what we got.

i just gave up and stuck with greens for leveling. EVERYTHING else is just a waste of time :(.

• 5 months later...
when an item says Augment: Open what does that mean? Take this item for example http://www.torhead.com/item/6tp3mtg

Thanks in advance

what i want to know is why does it say Augment: Open in your screenshot. just like the Juggernaut boots gloves and other items but int he actual game there is absolutely no slot at all to put an augment in. is it hidden? servers are down so i cant tell if i can still CTRL R-click to mod it or anything but id also like to know more about why it says that on website but not in game. ive seen an armor in game for sale on the GM and it had slots for : Armor, Enhancement, Mod, AND augment. but the item you show in the link says augment open, just like some juggernaut items i have obtained but in the game there is no slot.

(P.S) i know this is old post but its LITERALLY the only one i can find with the question about "augment: Open"

Edited by FullMetalBishop

what i want to know is why does it say Augment: Open in your screenshot.

That is not a screenshot!

He had a link to Torhead and every item listed in that website lists an augment slot.

It is a result of datamining process used to create the torhead database

Edited by Eternalnight

okay so there ISNT an augment slot, and im taking it torhead isnt the best place for info? or if it is that would be great to know but if you have any other idea's on where to get info like that id love some idea's since torhead has always bugged me with stuff like that.

Maybe every 4 levels would make more sense since it gives more time for people to focus on their gear and more time for crafters to work on those upgrades.

The problem with this idea is that SWTOR is a game where levels matter ALOT more than in other games: fiighting level 30 mobs when you are 28 is much, much harder in this game than in others. So, if your equipment is *3* levels behind, like you suggest, you will have a really hard time fighting.

This is especially true for armoring...

I think they made this game not only very, very linear, forcing you not only to follow a certain path, but also follow it at the exact right level.

what i want to know is why does it say Augment: Open in your screenshot. just like the Juggernaut boots gloves and other items but int he actual game there is absolutely no slot at all to put an augment in. is it hidden? servers are down so i cant tell if i can still CTRL R-click to mod it or anything but id also like to know more about why it says that on website but not in game. ive seen an armor in game for sale on the GM and it had slots for : Armor, Enhancement, Mod, AND augment. but the item you show in the link says augment open, just like some juggernaut items i have obtained but in the game there is no slot.

(P.S) i know this is old post but its LITERALLY the only one i can find with the question about "augment: Open"

When a crafter makes a weapon or piece of armor, there is a chance that s/he will get a critical hit on the crafting process (modified by skill level, companion affection and companion bonuses). If the craft "crits", then the resulting piece of equipment will have an augment slot.

Torhead shows every piece of equipment with an augment slot, whether it is actually possible to get it in game or not.

Right now, only crafted items can have an augment slot; dropped items or quest rewards cannot.

This will change with patch 1.3, that is supposed to include a way to add an augment slot to an existing piece of gear.

okay so there ISNT an augment slot, and im taking it torhead isnt the best place for info? or if it is that would be great to know but if you have any other idea's on where to get info like that id love some idea's since torhead has always bugged me with stuff like that.

Try Ask Mr Robot.com it's much more accurate than Torhead or DBHater, also has a skill tree planner and even has a character builder so you can simulate how gear affects your stats.

I took cybertech as a crafting skill and I absolutely loooove it BUT... I believe that getting new mods to work on every 2 lvs - considering you gain 2 levels an hour - is taking away some of the fun. Maybe every 4 levels would make more sense since it gives more time for people to focus on their gear and more time for crafters to work on those upgrades.

Also since custom items are HIGHLY modifiable (which is absolutely great) it could be nice for people to enjoy working on their gear instead on dreading "that next level where you need to start over again".

Maybe consider more variety: more prototypes of different grades. There are already advanced and mastercraft possibilities with crafting. Have the same on mods/barrels/enhancements where same lv enhancements can have different stats and offer various bonuses.

Also maybe have mod stats be a bit random: instead of a set number, lets say a lv 20 mod can give 7-9 endurance and 10-13 of the other stat. It would keep the economy running and give time for people to look after those prototype or artifact enhancements.

I would contend that the 2 level change would not be a problem if one were able to quickly gather mats and make items as needed, at least at the lower levels. Very often, by the time one can make all the patterns for a particular level, they are past the level.

What is the difference between armoring, barrels, and hilts only being available every four levels and you only choosing to upgrade your items every four levels?

You basically want the game to offer less to those that want more rather than you just deciding to do less on your own.

If you do not want to upgrade at level 23 and again at level 25, then don't. Wait until level 27 to upgrade.

A blue 23 is about the same as a green 25, anyway.

If you insist on wearing nothing but purple mods then that is on you. That is a choice that you made and if you don't like it, you can change it.

The game doesn't need to change anything in that regard.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

And as already mentioned, the idea of random mod values is a bad one. Would you want to equip a mod that had the lowest possible values? Then why do you think that anyone else would?

Even if they had the same amount of stat points total, so it might be +15 aim and +15 endurance, or +18 aim and +12 endurance, or +12 aim and +18 endurance, a DPSer will want the most aim and a tank will want the most endurance. Anything else is inferior.

This is particularly illogical in that you want them to give player's less opportunity to upgrade their gear, but then turn around and want them to have to craft ever more gear in order to create something worth equipping.

Edited by Mithros

I think they made this game not only very, very linear, forcing you not only to follow a certain path, but also follow it at the exact right level.

Using nothing but rested XP (I'm an altoholic) you will out-level planets if you go in order EVEN if you do no PvP, minimal space missions, and few to none Heroics/FPs along the way. I know folks who PvP and/or space mission their way along with their 2nd (or later) characters and just do the class story quests. There's no denying the game is linear but the pacing is such that it's very easy to be leveled above the current content you're on at which point keeping your gear up to snuff is not as important. It becomes more important when you're engaging at-level FPs/heroics.