The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

My AP PvP Video

Kooziejr

Just posting a video (my first one) of footage taken from last weekend (3 day period; except the second clip on voidstar which is from ages ago and hence lots of flameburst). Critique welcome and just goes to show AP is definitely viable in PvP....although i do admit lots of people in the video are VERY bad.

Great video!

awesome to see some1 actually showing that we ARE viable and can do some good in a WZ!

smart usage of your skills (it bothers me how rarely powertechs use their stealth scan at all) and most of all my favourite combo - carbonize on 3 ppl + 3stacked prototype flame thrower, man i love doing this :)

tho theres one thing missing in the video (that, or maybe i am blind :p) - showing the power of shoulder cannon - ppl really should make maximum use of that one, especially in AP spec

tldr; loved it, and thanks for spreading some PT love :)

Great video!

awesome to see some1 actually showing that we ARE viable and can do some good in a WZ!

smart usage of your skills (it bothers me how rarely powertechs use their stealth scan at all) and most of all my favourite combo - carbonize on 3 ppl + 3stacked prototype flame thrower, man i love doing this :)

tho theres one thing missing in the video (that, or maybe i am blind :p) - showing the power of shoulder cannon - ppl really should make maximum use of that one, especially in AP spec

tldr; loved it, and thanks for spreading some PT love :)

Haha thanks bro. I wasn't level 51 for the majority of the video so I didn't get a chance to use it :( But since the patch on Sunday I have been using it heaps - it is awesome! At the end of the video in the 1 v 1 against the shadow I use all seven rounds of the shoulder Cannon :-)

Edited by Kooziejr

Nice vid.

Kinda making me regret spaffing my commendations on Supercommando gear and switching to Shieldtech for pvp.

Out of curiosity what spec and gear setup are you running?

My gear is the combat tech gear (3 second carb, 15% extra crit on RP) war hero optimised with aim augments. Mainhand and offhand are elite war hero.

My spec is usually http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-calculator/powertech/231/?build=003200300000000000000000000000000203122202120012211102300230001000200000000000000000000000000000&ver=20 but can change to include the free rocket punch.

Fun video. Good to watch. But a lot of the guys you fought were really bad.

Still, I am having some fun with my AP powertech. I still think it could use a bit of a buff for pvp, though, in order to compensate for the fact that Hydraulic Overrides is no longer unique to us.

Still, I am having some fun with my AP powertech. I still think it could use a bit of a buff for pvp, though, in order to compensate for the fact that Hydraulic Overrides is no longer unique to us.

after spending few days pvping mostly as AP tho i did some dps hybrid and tank WZ's i personally get the feeling that one skill in particular needs a bit of a buff - and thats Railshot. As for a main skill in pyro, and an auto-crit skill in AP - so a skill that we concentrate strongly on its simply weak compared to what some other classes got.

Increase of 15-20% wouldnt hurt too much, and would benefit us greatly (RS still wouldnt be nowhere as high as Smashes, Mauls or some other funny skills).

dont get me wrong, i really like the class, and feel like i contribute to the team, i usually win most 1vs1 and if the players are not too good. even 1vs2/3 but that little burst increase would be nice to have

other options i can think of is buffing either immolate, thermal detonator or reducing cooldown on shoulder cannon.

well, since all bounty hunter specs use rail shot, with the exception of bodyguard, a buff to rail shot would be pretty cool for the class as a whole.

Like you said, maybe they should buff immolate and thermal detonator. Those are capstone abilities, and their damage should reward players who spend 36 points in a spec. To avoid some of the general negativity associated with buffing pt pyro, I would change thermal detonator to a slight weaker version of what it was before 2.0 (maybe 75% damage) but also place a debuff on the affected player along the lines of "increases the damage taken from all sources for 3-6 seconds" or something like that. If this is indeed strong, maybe increase the cooldown of thermal detonator.

well, since all bounty hunter specs use rail shot, with the exception of bodyguard, a buff to rail shot would be pretty cool for the class as a whole.

Like you said, maybe they should buff immolate and thermal detonator. Those are capstone abilities, and their damage should reward players who spend 36 points in a spec. To avoid some of the general negativity associated with buffing pt pyro, I would change thermal detonator to a slight weaker version of what it was before 2.0 (maybe 75% damage) but also place a debuff on the affected player along the lines of "increases the damage taken from all sources for 3-6 seconds" or something like that. If this is indeed strong, maybe increase the cooldown of thermal detonator.

I don't think AP damage needs to be buffed per se. I do enough damage in terms of percentage per move (we do constant DPS) we don't have one big hitting move....all our moves hit fairly evenly (RS, Immolate, RP), Flamethrower is similar too. I just wish the cooldown was 12-13 seconds on railshot immolate so we don't have to use flame burst as much. Something like, fire attacks reduce the cooldown of railshot by .5 of a second would be a fair ability similar to Maras/Sent and Guardian/Juggs for smash auto crit. Other than that. No need to complain really. At this point it is fair. I beat the better players on our server in 1 v 1s atm. However, I still think a good mara/sent would beat us for sure.

I don't think AP damage needs to be buffed per se. I do enough damage in terms of percentage per move (we do constant DPS) we don't have one big hitting move....all our moves hit fairly evenly (RS, Immolate, RP), Flamethrower is similar too. I just wish the cooldown was 12-13 seconds on railshot immolate so we don't have to use flame burst as much. Something like, fire attacks reduce the cooldown of railshot by .5 of a second would be a fair ability similar to Maras/Sent and Guardian/Juggs for smash auto crit. Other than that. No need to complain really. At this point it is fair. I beat the better players on our server in 1 v 1s atm. However, I still think a good mara/sent would beat us for sure.

Good points, for sure on the AP spec.

And marauders are tough to beat on any class unless you're a sniper, and even then, you have to watch out for good carnage marauders. ;)

Three thoughts:

1) That Carbonize/Flamethrower combo is sexy.

2) That Infiltration Shadow at the end of the video is LOLbad.

3) What are you using to move? It looked at the start of the video like you use strafe. But towards the end of the video it looks like you were using turn.

Good video.

Edited by AnusReaper

Three thoughts:

1) That Carbonize/Flamethrower combo is sexy.

2) That Infiltration Shadow at the end of the video is LOLbad.

3) What are you using to move? It looked at the start of the video like you use strafe. But towards the end of the video it looks like you were using turn.

Good video.

Agreed with the above! There are no tricks to my kiting, I just use my mouse with right click held down a lot and W, A, D keys like everyone else (s is for badies :p). Just play too much so it is second nature now.

Agreed with the above! There are no tricks to my kiting, I just use my mouse with right click held down a lot and W, A, D keys like everyone else (s is for badies :p). Just play too much so it is second nature now.

"(s is for badies :p)."

so did you use the down arrow key at that point randomly walking backwards bro?

At that point, he was not kiting anyone, nor were there any enemies in attack proximity. Troll.

Edited by af_raptura

Thanks man for picking that up. I guess I am a badie compared to really really good players just like you :-) I take a lot of pleasure in the fact you watched my video just to find that. Thanks for the support. And as the other person said Mr. fail troll and what I was implying is that kiting using an S key would be pretty fail and i rarely do that "bro"

haha. Just post your AP PvP video in here with your next response thanks so we can compare.

Edited by Kooziejr

what key do you have bound for you hydraulic override? i dont see any, i figured i would give your keybindings a whirl.

Tild (left hand side of 1)

Obviously kolto overload, explosive fuel, medpack, adrenal are all macrod on my mouse :p dont actually use left arrow and right arrow haha.

Edited by Kooziejr

Tild (left hand side of 1)

Obviously kolto overload, explosive fuel, medpack, adrenal are all macrod on my mouse :p dont actually use left arrow and right arrow haha.

Lol i was like wth i figured as much. I tried taugrims keybindings out but you are

Left without the ability to click anything while moving forward

But it does offer un paralleled strafing. Looks like my mouse sucks it only two

Button.