The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Alot of work but worth it, have a quick read

Shingara

Now we all love the classes, but heres the rub, smugglers, agents, bounty hunters and troopers should be neutral at start. The starter planets are already setup to allow peeps to start on there respective planets and then flip at lvl 10 to which side they want, obviously it will take alot of work to make class storys for the other side but im sure alot of people will agree that the classes are very much transferable and people would like to play them even if it required pre unlocking the class to the original faction 1st.

Now how it could work is sis agent, imperial trooper and obviously smuggler and bh can flip auto but with the possibility of new companions. hell give the alternatives new companions too. A good example of the flip that could happen is that for the trooper, when you goto stop your squad instead of fighting them, you join them and defect to the imperials.

Call it an expansion, throw it in with space and make it so we have to purchase it outside of subscriptions but you me and everyone else knows people would buy it and as a dlc or expansion, whatever you want to call it will not go out of date, new people coming to the game in a year or 3 will look at this dlc from either a f2p or a new subscriber base and think, hell i always wanted tobe an imperial trooper or a bounty hunter working for the republic bringing some of the biggest criminals to real justice.

Edited by Shingara

You are definitly right when you said a lot of work, that would be a ton of work with new voiceovers new missions new everything for them going to the other side.

I'd do it though, i'd take a republic bounty hunter or agent. I'd play a sadistic sith trooper or smuggler working for the empire because they're giving me dental.

I disagree. I'd much rather see a defection questline occur at the end of the class story.

I'd make it require you have at least one character on the other faction who has completed their class story through the end of Chapter 3. Then I'd make it a huge, multi-stage quest that actually involves interaction between members of your Legacy.

For example, my Imperial Agent (the daughter of my Consular) decides to defect. The Empire finds out about it and tries to stop it, and my Consular has to help her escape the trap and get the Republic to welcome her.

I disagree. I'd much rather see a defection questline occur at the end of the class story.

I'd make it require you have at least one character on the other faction who has completed their class story through the end of Chapter 3. Then I'd make it a huge, multi-stage quest that actually involves interaction between members of your Legacy.

For example, my Imperial Agent (the daughter of my Consular) decides to defect. The Empire finds out about it and tries to stop it, and my Consular has to help her escape the trap and get the Republic to welcome her.

I have to disagree with you, if they are tobe on the other side they should decide at the start and would best be directed at the goto fleet point. This would mean that you are more part of the story from the begining which is what most would want and also make it more apparent to what class you are as within the missions you would play would be for example the sis and against the empire.

It would also make it less messy with where you can go as the deciding point would be as i stated which fleet you goto, this in itself could be the marker to which maps and planets you can goto and could even be decided via doing it through darkside and lightside choices on the final mission of the starter planet.

it should be a one time option aswell, just like picking advanced class. On a last point, bioware making cutscenes etc directly involving other members of your legacy is way more work and possibly not doable as who says how many of your legacy family are involved or even how you or they would chose which memebr of your legacy family was in it, what happens if the member they chose is not the one you want. Better if its just a new char who has the option to chose a side at the start who happens to be related or a rival within your legacy family.

Edited by Shingara