The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Multiple Color Options for CM Gear Sets

Gwena

First off: Generally speaking, I'd love for all armor to be colorable by players, as it is quite common for styles I like to come in such attractive colors as dull peachish orange, bile yellow, and muck green. However, I think this isn't available because "color" is the big distinguishing feature between so many armor sets (for example PvP vs. PvE version, and all those skimpy female only bikini type sets), so I would like to make what I hope is reasonable suggestion that is a step in the right direction.

My Suggestion: when releasing new gear in the cartel market -- not in the packs, the sets and pieces that are sold directly under the "equipment" tag -- include multiple colors. This could be accomplished either by creating some sort of menu where you can choose from a preset selection of colors to tint your gear, or, for an easier system, simply by including a chest piece in each of the available colors (which would allow the whole set to be that color with unify colors. If you don't have unify color, only one color will fully match as a set, but you will still get the extra chest pieces).

To ally concerns that this would clutter up player inventories with too many chest pieces, or make it so Bioware can't make money by selling recolors anymore: each gear set would only include a very limited number of colors, perhaps 3 or 4 in total, and I'd suggest that they be of a certain color theme. Examples:

Tranquil Medic Set -- includes chest pieces in sky blue, light mint, and soft lavender

Stealth Medic Set -- includes chest pieces in grey, dark grey, and black

Bold Sorcerer Set -- includes chest pieces in bright red, vivid green, and brilliant blue

Enchanting Sorcerer Set -- includes chest pieces in light pink, dark pink, and dark crimson

Basically, this would allow people to choose from more than one color for their gear, without making the concept of recolors obsolete. The only potential "issue" I see with this is that people could let their Companions or alts wear the extra chest pieces they are not using for their character, or sell them . . . but I personally would see that as a "perk", especially considering that Bioware could charge a little more for these sets than the standard one-color sets they offer now. If this was a big concern, they could instead have the chest piece given to you as a "bundle" that allowed you to pick only one color of your choice when you opened it.

I probably missed some details, but regardless, I hope the general idea has been conveyed reasonably well. :) I would love for some more choices in gear color! There are a lot of CM sets that I love the style of, but cringe at the colors.

Edited by Gwena