Are the crafting mission bugged or working as intended?

SleepyKing

Has anyone else noticed that the crafting and gathering missions seem off? Underworld trading mission crits are turning up endless schematics for armormech/synthweaving gloves instead of Berylius (which is only popping very, very rarely). The number of Thermal Regulators given by slicing missions also seems extremely low. Even one-time missions are only giving one. Is that working as intended? Is Bioware trying to put greater limits on the amount of stuff that's crafted in the endgame, or is it just a bug in the crafting mission results?

Yes, the 400+ Missions are bugged.

My Slicing is returning NO Thermal Regulators. I have got 3 total out of the many day's I have been running two toons doing this Rich and Bountiful....and am getting pretty much nothing. I NEVER had this problem before 2.0.

Before 2.0 you were not running gathering missions for 401+ resources.

You're statement of "Yes, the missions are bugged" is pretty much in the open. You've got nothing to compare it with and no post from anyone at BW to indicate if this is the expected number of resources (possibly a way of keeping these high-end stuff very limited instead of everyone having a full set of fully augmented gear the day after release).

You're statement of "Yes, the missions are bugged" is pretty much in the open. You've got nothing to compare it with and no post from anyone at BW to indicate if this is the expected number of resources (possibly a way of keeping these high-end stuff very limited instead of everyone having a full set of fully augmented gear the day after release).

Considering all of the other crew skill bugs they have addressed, I'd be surprised if this was any different. That aspect of the game would be a huge fail if it's not some kind of bug. It seems like Advanced Crafting was released entirely too soon. Multiple returns across all professions are simply not giving what they should and by should I mean enough to make it worthwhile to run those missions.

It shouldn't feel like you hit the lottery every time you get a purple mat from a mission that cost 3k to run.

To add to this; I've been sending my companions out on Slicing missions and they will return, it will tell me that the mission was a SUCCESS, and I will receive a skill up point for a successful mission but I am getting NO rewards what so ever.

No lock boxes, no tech parts, no nothing.

I really hope they get on this issue.

Can't do crafting without parts.

No.

CM post in Crafting section of forum said missions are indeed bugged. The devs have tested and indeed found bugs. They are working on it. Stay tuned. It is not clear how things will turn out after the fixes which were identified to be the subject of a future patch.

Edited by asbalana

I was running missions for the highest there was before 2.0, so what is the difference? Should the highest post 2.0 somehow be different than the highest pre 2.0? No. And it is not. The devs have posted more than once that the missions are in fact bugged. So no, its NOT "in the open". It's been confirmed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.