Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Personal opinion of Makeb

KEKHAN

Graphics

The whole of Makeb looked great, the place was unique looking and very detailed. Even the little things were well polished and improved the experience. Easily the best looking and most diverse of the planets in the game.

Story

Story was very well written, and the voice acting and animation was excellent. One of the few that I actually took notice of and watched every cut-scene. Took me and a guildmate quite a few hours to do but the time went by sooo quickly.

Difficulty

I would have had difficulty doing it on my own as a Healer, even with HK. Doing it with a single guildmate was just about perfect for balance of difficulty but wasn't frustrating. I thought the DK mission was good though quite short, the 'puzzles' weren't difficult but spiced it up a little bit. Wish there was more of these type of missions.

Overall

Guess i'd have to give it a 10/10. Me and my guildy both said it was the most fun playing the game for a long time. Cant think of any ways to improve on it tbh.

Well done Dev. team, you pulled this one off very well! Thank you.

BTW, I chose option '2' with the Pureblood sith, because I thought it would be a laugh.. and it brought a mixture of both horror and laughter. Don't know where that come from but general chat was certainly buisy about it even if some of the comments were a bit OTT. It's just a game afterall, be secure in yourself!

Edited by KEKHAN

Honestly I don't like being forced to team up with someone to experience makeb. It was hell getting through it solo. And looking at the dailies and weekly's, I would be forced to team with someone in order to finish it faster. I HATE relying on help to have fun with a game. This may be an MMO but that doesn't mean always team up

Honestly I don't like being forced to team up with someone to experience makeb. It was hell getting through it solo. And looking at the dailies and weekly's, I would be forced to team with someone in order to finish it faster. I HATE relying on help to have fun with a game. This may be an MMO but that doesn't mean always team up

I've been playing this place solo with a Sentinel, which is the hardest class to play correctly in the game and have been having no issues at all. The only team up I did was for the group 4 and it was quite fun.

My favourite parts so far were certainly hearing my main speak in new story content for the first time in over a year (I loved that) and the set design in many of the areas, the mining area of particular note and the city interiors were very well done.

This may not have been the massive expansion that maybe most would want, but it was certainly quality stuff and well worth the $10 price.

With 32 instances of Makeb as I left the planet last, this should no doubt be seen as a success by the devs and should encourage them to do more and bulkier content in the future.

I've been playing this place solo with a Sentinel, which is the hardest class to play correctly in the game and have been having no issues at all. The only team up I did was for the group 4 and it was quite fun.

My favourite parts so far were certainly hearing my main speak in new story content for the first time in over a year (I loved that) and the set design in many of the areas, the mining area of particular note and the city interiors were very well done.

This may not have been the massive expansion that maybe most would want, but it was certainly quality stuff and well worth the $10 price.

With 32 instances of Makeb as I left the planet last, this should no doubt be seen as a success by the devs and should encourage them to do more and bulkier content in the future.

I'm a guardian and running as a tank. Still in primarily black hole/campaign gear and still have problems with elites or strongs.

I'm a guardian and running as a tank. Still in primarily black hole/campaign gear and still have problems with elites or strongs.

My wife is running as a SW dps and I am a SI heals. We are geared a little below you and are half way through. She is doing pretty well, but I seem to be eating things up. It seems that Makeb favors the SI (and probably the JC) as well. The multiple mobs, close together were just made for the AOE abilities that my caster has. The Whirlwind and other CC takes a npcs out of the equation and allows the ones left to be eaten one at a time. The elites and stongs (and few champions) have been no real trouble for me but do sometimes give her a hard time. The ability to bubble and self heal (a lot of healing) is what the doctor ordered for Makeb.

My wife is running as a SW dps and I am a SI heals. We are geared a little below you and are half way through. She is doing pretty well, but I seem to be eating things up. It seems that Makeb favors the SI (and probably the JC) as well. The multiple mobs, close together were just made for the AOE abilities that my caster has. The Whirlwind and other CC takes a npcs out of the equation and allows the ones left to be eaten one at a time. The elites and stongs (and few champions) have been no real trouble for me but do sometimes give her a hard time. The ability to bubble and self heal (a lot of healing) is what the doctor ordered for Makeb.

But its you and your wife man. I'm working on my own. Guardians have no CC ability, so we are forced to fight everything. Some of us are forced to work alone and most prefer it. But the one thing I don't like about this game thus far is it seems as though in order to progess through makeb, having a group is essential.

Only geared in the advanced mods you get for planetary coms at the Makeb vendor, and only into the first area, but my DPS Guardian is eating everyone alive, whether with Scourge or Kira, and both are nearly under-geared. So, I am sure I may encounter problems later, but so far so good, and I may soon have enough Basic coms to buy a piece or two of the new tier of gear.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.