The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Before you go to Makeb....

AlatarTheGrey

A few "lessons learned" for everyone before you start off to Makeb.

You'll want to spend 30k credits a piece for your 3 "advanced" crew skills. You can either do so aboard the Fleet space station, or combo Makeb space station and 2 other types of skills at the main Makeb base. Spend a few minutes launching a new gathering mission before heading out to the field,a s the new grade 9 gathering/scavenging material require "level 401".

Also, the new "planetary commendation" system is max of 50 in you inventory, and if you had more than that you'll be capped at 100 carried over, and you can pick up but will not be credited with them until you get your inventory under 50. There are a lot of planetary commendations to be found on Makeb, but unless you spend your current stock it will be a waste. I loaded up my companion with new mods and enhancements to get my inventory below 50.

Second, you'll need to run Heroics and side missions to get to level 55. If you just run the main story line, you'll find yourself as a level 52 running level 54 missions.

There are two new side quests that require you to go back to your home world (Macrobinoculars and Search Droid) that can also help you level up to 55.

Also note that PvP is much different with bolster up to level 55. I'm really not happy I spent warzone commendations buying warhero gear last week when it's now obsolete, but oh well. For my one character who hit 55, I was still able to buy 3 pieces of the new PvP gear when he hit 55.