Level 50's Farming low level open area heroic's

Avorniel

Thought I have a bit of fun time on my baby sniper level 13 so I go of to do some of the heroic's only to find loads of level 50's on a killing spree 1/2 shoting most elites which makes it impossible to kill any myself,they wont group up or even stand aside while the right level players do the quests.this is all due to the planetary comms. change as these players(keeping it polite) are to lazy or incapable of killing there own level heroic's.

Can you put in an option that repeatable quests stop once you reach a certain level maybe 2/3 levels above the planets level guide,were not even a week into this expac. and issues are already starting ..I am surprised this behavior wasn't even considered as being a potential problem.

To be fair though putting a limit on the max level could be bad to. I see what you are saying but often i have had Guild members ask for help on heroics, meaning I have had to come down to the planet and help.

I have been on dromund getting the kills for achievements, but I offer low levels the chance to come along with me all the time. I know it's a bit hard at the minute but a lot of people have multiple alts meaning they don't want to make yet another just for the lower level achievements. It's a pain yes, but it's legacy wide so once they have done it, that's it, it should (in theory) calm down.

What people need to do is build a stronger community, I played GW2 and although i think it's a good game i came back here, the only thing i would say is GW2 has an extremely nice community. I wish we could see something like that in swtor and have high level's actually help lower guys, or at least offer them to join in while they are doing things you mentioned.

To be fair though putting a limit on the max level could be bad to. I see what you are saying but often i have had Guild members ask for help on heroics, meaning I have had to come down to the planet and help.

I have been on dromund getting the kills for achievements, but I offer low levels the chance to come along with me all the time. I know it's a bit hard at the minute but a lot of people have multiple alts meaning they don't want to make yet another just for the lower level achievements. It's a pain yes, but it's legacy wide so once they have done it, that's it, it should (in theory) calm down.

What people need to do is build a stronger community, I played GW2 and although i think it's a good game i came back here, the only thing i would say is GW2 has an extremely nice community. I wish we could see something like that in swtor and have high level's actually help lower guys, or at least offer them to join in while they are doing things you mentioned.

I hear what ya saying and to a point I agree with the community but the level limit is just for the quests not to the whole planet .

Players need to think less of self and more of others more so if there are in zones 39 levels lower than them .I just logged out with my sniper ruined what was going to be a fun few hours ,and I pay for this ...

Edited by Avorniel

In their defense, adding achievements for that stuff really encourages this behavior (and not having any of it be retroactive). Granted it better to use a relevant level toon but it's not always possible or efficient.

As an example I really wanted to get the Tython achievements done (I'm one of those players) but I already have a Shadow, Sage, Sentinel and Guardian of moderate level so there's no real reason to create a new players PLUS these kills will count toward the companion kill progress.

I did my best to not steal kills from other players but the fact of the matter is I'm going to step on a few toes now and again with so many players around.

This is where a GW2 level adjustment system is great but that's not for this thread.

Frankly them adding in pvp achievements for killing on every planet where it can happen is going to make low levels awful I imagine on pvp servers (since killing a level 20, to my knowledge, with a level 55 is a kill; since to my knowledge there is no "honorable kill" system)

Simple solution really: stop rewarding planet comms for heroic missions more than ~10 levels below a characters' level, and stop dropping those for characters who outlevel a mob by ~10 levels as well.

That would work perfectly.

As it is currently, this was a poor decision and implementation on EAWare's part. Why farm Comms on high level planets, when you can head to Starter Planets and other low level planets and net just as many Comms without breaking a sweat.

ya, its kinda hard to complete bonus objectives with so many high levels on starter planets.

Im gonna take a break from my low level toons fore a while. Or just farm FPs on them

bad move EAware

Edited by Roeg

Guilty as charged :D !

Except from the fact that in general chat I offer lower level players to group up and help them with their missions/heroics. The reason why I have been killing low level mobs the last days was due the new achievements. They're probably intended to be unlocked for when you create a new character, but I can tell you that when you've been playing this game since the closed beta, you're not really in the mood to create ANOTHER new character to do all that stuff, which you've done at least 10 times before, again .

Ok, most champions/elites don't need to be killed again because most of us did it before and got the corresponding lore of it, but this doesn't count for the regular mobs.

As said in the previous posts, this should cool down after a few days/weeks because most players will have their achievements then, but this could be avoided if there was a system that had tracked this before patch 2.0 which would force us to do all this killing again.

Regarding the commendations: I agree that players should receive them any more from lower level mobs once they're above a certain level :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.