Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

please cool down the repair cost

FSUJL

Sorry to say this but they are not going to reduce the repair costs. They warned everyone that the repair costs will go back up about a month ago I think. That means you had plenty of time to get stocked up on creds. So stop being a complainer and play the game.

They're trying to cut down on inflation (a problem the majority of mmos have). They have to do stuff like this to take money out of the system (otherwise the only money leaving the economy is from people not playing the game anymore. It sucks that it's expensive but it's there for a good reason.

I'll agree that I think they went overboard (I respend the prices going up but paying 4k for a repair from a single death on my level 25 I was a bit annoyed)

That being said, they do need things like this to keep the credits in the system down. It's not particularly fun I suppose but it's a problem most mmos have. If you don't have these constant (important here, constant), then people's money inflates way more than it already is and it creates too large of a disconnect between newer players and veterans and stuff like that.

it just I give myself 3 hours to play a week and the first thing I have to do is dailies and kill trash mobs for 2 hours before I can do what I pay for in real life to do so this game is becoming more of a hassle then fun not to mention the guilds have the independet players by the ball sack because we can never find anyone in a group finder or ops so your forced to join a cult or not plat at all.

it just I give myself 3 hours to play a week and the first thing I have to do is dailies and kill trash mobs for 2 hours before I can do what I pay for in real life to do so this game is becoming more of a hassle then fun not to mention the guilds have the independet players by the ball sack because we can never find anyone in a group finder or ops so your forced to join a cult or not plat at all.

If you're playing a dps of course u will have a long wait in group finder due to the fact that there are so many dps'ers out there and not enough tanks and heals. I don't know what you play as but if you are doing just dps perhaps you should try being a healer or a tank. Then the wait time should be cut dramatically.

I'm just questing along and can't even grab the ability upgrades. Let alone fly around and help friends anymore.

Sure it might help in endgame but when you are questing you can't even make any decent progress anymore as you end up in grinding through planets until you need to skip side content on some planets because your xp keep rising while you're basically bankrupt all the time. The system isn't leveling/content friendly. Heck it was hard enough as it was in 1.7 to walk through content with a filled pocket now it's just impossible. I still need 5 abilities to learn costing me about 70K and those are just abilities. I'm not even thinking about getting a new speeder because I simply cannot afford it.

I play as a tank and I must say the repair costs from dying in the new hardmodes is really INSANE! I had a 30k repair bill! I didn't even bother queue'in up again because you don't make nearly enough for repair costs. I see what the OP is saying.

• 2 years later...
you are not making this game fun to play a 40k repair bill will not let me play long in ops

LOL how many times you dieing in ops to hit 40k?

Yikes

and besides 40k takes what? 20 minutes to make back outside of ops

sounds to me like someone just wants everything free

They don't structure a lot of the cash drops well. I agree, it should not cost 50k+ for a couple wipes in a 55HM.

it doesnt.

At 60 in the TOS or Ravengers it costs roughly 5k - 7k per death

so your not paying 50k+ for a COUPLE wipes in a 55 hm

not even remotely

it doesnt.

At 60 in the TOS or Ravengers it costs roughly 5k - 7k per death

so your not paying 50k+ for a COUPLE wipes in a 55 hm

not even remotely

Uhm, somebody succesfully tried to necro this thread :p

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.