PVE gearing question

KarethRiker

Has anyone done any theory crafting for 2.0 on the value of Power vs Might augments? Since the DR on mainstat crit was changed I don't know which to make for marauder.

I'm also wondering how people are thinking about the Accuracy/Surge split since Crit is likely to be lower.

Would love to see numbers if someone has them.

Has anyone done any theory crafting for 2.0 on the value of Power vs Might augments? Since the DR on mainstat crit was changed I don't know which to make for marauder.

I'm also wondering how people are thinking about the Accuracy/Surge split since Crit is likely to be lower.

Would love to see numbers if someone has them.

my bet is STR will still be better... but it will prolly depend on what spec you are playing as well... even at 30% crit Annihilation seems to have too much crit at that point.

Edited by Hizoka

At the moment it is believed that all power augments will be superior. Every point of power is worth .23 bonus damage to .20 bonus damage per point of strength, Given that crit is basically worthless now due to how slowly it scales power augments are appearing to be BiS. Accuracy should be your first priority while gearing, the only enhancements you should be using are +Power, +Accuracy and +Power, +Surge. So once you get your Accuracy to a comfortable level (100% melee for Anni) then the surge will come naturally.

At the moment it is believed that all power augments will be superior. Every point of power is worth .23 bonus damage to .20 bonus damage per point of strength, Given that crit is basically worthless now due to how slowly it scales power augments are appearing to be BiS. Accuracy should be your first priority while gearing, the only enhancements you should be using are +Power, +Accuracy and +Power, +Surge. So once you get your Accuracy to a comfortable level (100% melee for Anni) then the surge will come naturally.

you are talked base values not buffed when buffed the stat values change for STR not much but they do change. its something that will need to be looked at more in depth, but as it was pre 2.0 there will most likely be very very little difference in them.

you are talked base values not buffed when buffed the stat values change for STR not much but they do change. its something that will need to be looked at more in depth, but as it was pre 2.0 there will most likely be very very little difference in them.

I agree with you on just about every point, the only reason I am skeptical at all is that I have yet to be 55 on the Live servers to test anything out myself. Also with the changes to Anni and Carnage I am switching to Carnage so the stats I am used to looking at are going to change a little bit, especially Accuracy. I have been following the forum on mmo-mechanics pretty heavily since 2.0 was on the pts and I highly recommend people to do the same. Here is the link.

Marauder Forums - http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forums/forum-8.html