Mercenary Arsenal/Pyro DPS Guide 2.x (PVE) by ODawgg

odawgg

Finally full UW. I seem to be stuck on dummy parses between 2700 and 2800. My best sofar is a very lucky 2812 before I was being full UW.

Can someone take a look at my latest parse(s) please? I know I'm only doing 31 APM, so it's probably that, but I've no idea how to improve that and maybe I'm doing something else wrong?

There is the thing with the rapid shots. Is it correct to use them only when Vent Heat is on CD and only before every HSM?

Latest dummy parse

AMR profile

I'm using the exotech stim on the dummy (128 aim / 52 power)

Crit = 104 (I'm thinking of switching 1 crit enhancent for 1 power)

Accuracy = 316

Power = 1307

Surge = 474

Bonus damage = 1516.9

Edited by Magsel

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello there!!!

I am a full 72 optimized merc right now. Fully main stat augmented and with no crit in my gear. I noticed my dps on a dummy levels out at around 2500 and not higher. As I read your post I noticed I do my rotation is a little different. I start with the free unload unbuffed. Then I get my tracer locks on the boss. Then I go for clicky adrenal TSO+PS then FM, EN, HS then RS. I do this combo in the clicky and adrenal window to boost my hardest hitting abilities.

Now for my question. I have been beating my head around adding crit to my gear for a long time. Reason is when HS or TM or even RS crits, the numbers are stupid. I get 12k HS crits, 6.5 TM crits and 7-8K RS crits. The problem is when I don't crit, those numbers are a lot lower. This adds to huge drops in dps overall. I always hit my damage done mark on every boss but I just cannot get up there on the meters. So, is it really important to have some crit on your gear. With the 2.0 change, supposedly crit is a wasted stat. But I get the biggest DPS increases when my abilities crit. Have you tested the crit in the gear vs power build.

I searched the internet and youtube looking for a guide from you lol. I am glad you are representing the merc family. I am tired of people saying that mercs are only good for the debuff. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

~Dictatorrabbit Harbinger, WTFGuild

Finally full UW. I seem to be stuck on dummy parses between 2700 and 2800. My best sofar is a very lucky 2812 before I was being full UW.

Can someone take a look at my latest parse(s) please? I know I'm only doing 31 APM, so it's probably that, but I've no idea how to improve that and maybe I'm doing something else wrong?

There is the thing with the rapid shots. Is it correct to use them only when Vent Heat is on CD and only before every HSM?

Latest dummy parse

AMR profile

I'm using the exotech stim on the dummy (128 aim / 52 power)

Crit = 104 (I'm thinking of switching 1 crit enhancent for 1 power)

Accuracy = 316

Power = 1307

Surge = 474

Bonus damage = 1516.9

Hi there, a couple things that stand out:

- Stat distribution looks just a bit off, ideally you want to drop a surge enhancement for another accuracy one. The rest looks just fine

- You could slightly work on the efficiency of using HSM & RAIL on cd. In 5m8s you used 19 of each and the goal should be 20 by that time. Try to get your 20th ones in by around the 5 minute mark as a goal. This just takes being aware of when they're coming off cd so you can plan to use them as close to when they are ready as possible.

- You already commented on the APMs but I'll show you specifically what's going on, I took a snippet from the beginning of your parse and calculated the time it took between activations. I have listed below the Ability you activated, and the time between that and the next activated ability. So the first one you see it took 3.492s between TM and HSM:

TM 3.492s

HSM 1.447s

UL 2.927s

TM 1.379s

UL 2.901s

TM 2.911s

TM 2.043s

RAIL 1.461s

TM 1.565s

HSM 1.441s

UL 3.107s

TSO 1.185s

FM 1.73s

TM 1.666s

UL 3.048s

There should never be more than 1.5s for any ability other than UL where it should be around 3s. The two exceptions could be two TMs in a row where you don't proc barrage, 2s is allowed for that delay. And if you're waiting .2s or so for a HSM RAIL there will be a slight delay. So you can see you have room for improvement there....This just comes with better anticipation of the next ability you want to use and making sure to queue ALL abilities except during an UL.

I hope that helps a little, your dps will go up a minimum of 100 just from bringing your APMs up

Hello there!!!

I am a full 72 optimized merc right now. Fully main stat augmented and with no crit in my gear. I noticed my dps on a dummy levels out at around 2500 and not higher. As I read your post I noticed I do my rotation is a little different. I start with the free unload unbuffed. Then I get my tracer locks on the boss. Then I go for clicky adrenal TSO+PS then FM, EN, HS then RS. I do this combo in the clicky and adrenal window to boost my hardest hitting abilities.

Now for my question. I have been beating my head around adding crit to my gear for a long time. Reason is when HS or TM or even RS crits, the numbers are stupid. I get 12k HS crits, 6.5 TM crits and 7-8K RS crits. The problem is when I don't crit, those numbers are a lot lower. This adds to huge drops in dps overall. I always hit my damage done mark on every boss but I just cannot get up there on the meters. So, is it really important to have some crit on your gear. With the 2.0 change, supposedly crit is a wasted stat. But I get the biggest DPS increases when my abilities crit. Have you tested the crit in the gear vs power build.

I searched the internet and youtube looking for a guide from you lol. I am glad you are representing the merc family. I am tired of people saying that mercs are only good for the debuff. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

~Dictatorrabbit Harbinger, WTFGuild

Hello, as far as crit goes I wouldn't waste too much brain-power on it. You could stand to add a little bit of crit, maybe 2 mods or so in 72 gear but it will not affect your sustained dps much at all, maybe like .5%. The need for crit increases a bit with full 75s (about 200ish) and might affect dps closer to 1%, still minimal, but crit is easy to come by.

Hey Pizza!

i'll post 2 different parses, this1 i must have messed up abit coz i have alot of normal hits but the apm is clsoe to 34 http://www.torparse.com/a/425143/3/0/Damage+Dealt

This one is alot better but much lower apm...

http://www.torparse.com/a/425143/2/0/Damage+Dealt

Maybe you can see what i do wrong.

Thx

Well a couple things when comparing I saw:

-The first parse is abnormally low crit or the 2nd is abnormally high or a combination of both...21.39 vs 27.82 so that's a BIG reason for the better output on the 2nd. Just RNG.

- You got an extra HSM in the 2nd parse so you were more efficient, continue to try and use RAIL/HSM on cd, anticipate...should get 20 of both in for that parse length.

- Keep working on your APMS, your first parse you did really well on that just bad luck on damage.

- The second parse you used Vent heat twice, so you used more burst which is good, always ignore rapid shots when vent heat is off cd or about to come off.

Hi there, a couple things that stand out:

- Stat distribution looks just a bit off, ideally you want to drop a surge enhancement for another accuracy one. The rest looks just fine

- You could slightly work on the efficiency of using HSM & RAIL on cd. In 5m8s you used 19 of each and the goal should be 20 by that time. Try to get your 20th ones in by around the 5 minute mark as a goal. This just takes being aware of when they're coming off cd so you can plan to use them as close to when they are ready as possible.

- You already commented on the APMs but I'll show you specifically what's going on, I took a snippet from the beginning of your parse and calculated the time it took between activations. I have listed below the Ability you activated, and the time between that and the next activated ability. So the first one you see it took 3.492s between TM and HSM:

TM 3.492s

HSM 1.447s

UL 2.927s

TM 1.379s

UL 2.901s

TM 2.911s

TM 2.043s

RAIL 1.461s

TM 1.565s

HSM 1.441s

UL 3.107s

TSO 1.185s

FM 1.73s

TM 1.666s

UL 3.048s

There should never be more than 1.5s for any ability other than UL where it should be around 3s. The two exceptions could be two TMs in a row where you don't proc barrage, 2s is allowed for that delay. And if you're waiting .2s or so for a HSM RAIL there will be a slight delay. So you can see you have room for improvement there....This just comes with better anticipation of the next ability you want to use and making sure to queue ALL abilities except during an UL.

I hope that helps a little, your dps will go up a minimum of 100 just from bringing your APMs up

Cheers and awesome for taking the time to look at my parse odawgg. Your tips/pointers are certainly going to help me.

Instead of me wanting to lose crit for another surge enhancement, I'll take 1 surge out and replace it with accuracy.

The thing about me not using RS and HMS instantly on CD is that I don't wait for it if it's less then 1.4 seconds away from coming off CD, but instead using another ability to fill the the time like DFA or EN or TM. I'm going to play with that a little and see what happens.

Much appreciated and I hope I can show off my results very soon :)

Hey Pizza!

I was checking your log http://www.torparse.com/a/344965/1/0/Damage+Dealt and saw that you got 30% in crit that parse. Was it luck or do you have stat invested in crit? And if so, how much? I play around 120 in crit and it doesnt feel i crit that much.

When I did that parses I believe my crit stat was at roughly 29%...only due to lack of alternative gear... You want to be around 100–120 crit for 72 gear and 200–240 in 75s ideally

I am confused on why you start out with PS, TM and then rail shot.. why would you use rail shot with only 2 tracer locks?

doesn't make a noticeable dps difference whether you wait or not for the extra locks...I like to make an opener that allows my rotation to flow as nicely as possible for QoL, starts a natural back to back Rail>HSM every time they come off cd. And I prefer to start with just one TM cuz it's all that's needed for the HSM and Armor Debuff.

I think it makes a slight difference which set bonus you use though. Running with the old 4-piece, you mostly use rail shot as heat venting, so it's not as crucial to get the maximum damage out of it.

If you run with the new set bonus you might want to get 4 stacks before the first, since you won't be able to do HSM + RS every time both come off CD anyway like you can with the old one. I separate the two in my opener and keep them separated most of the time.

Since I've been running the old set-bonus for so long, I was wondering if I could convince you either to do a parse with the new set bonus in Arsenal, or give me some ballpark figures of how many more rapid shots I should be getting in exchange for what other skills. I'm trying to get nice and practiced for 2.4, but I don't know what to shoot for.

Since I've been running the old set-bonus for so long, I was wondering if I could convince you either to do a parse with the new set bonus in Arsenal, or give me some ballpark figures of how many more rapid shots I should be getting in exchange for what other skills. I'm trying to get nice and practiced for 2.4, but I don't know what to shoot for.

I believe about 5-6/min @ 35 APM...I do 3-4/min right now and you lose 32 heat/min (about 2 abilities) by switching to new set bonus. I'll post a parse later tonight but I used to run the stacked 2 piece set bonus with the same heat mgmt. and it was 5-6 on my best parses

Edit: 5.35 Rapid Shots/Min

From the patch notes

Is this new? I wasnt Aware of this.

Could be something to address the set bonus issue? If so i'm pissed. We need better energy management.

Well.... Something is better than nothing :) we do get a slight damage boost I'll be interested to see how much... Scratching my head on why they can't bring back free Rail Shot though... Maybe 2.5 we got a chance? I'm certain the Devs redesign of the set bonus still revolves around Pyro spec and increasing Rail Shot damage benefits both specs, Pyro should be much more interesting now. Seems like such an easy fix to throw free Rail Shot in the arsenal tree.

Gonna see if a lil more crit rating in this new tier is worth it, gonna parse with 350 rating and I'll post my results later :p

Got any ideas for gunnery crit rating numbers for 78s Dawg?

I just did my assault spec ones, and I will actually have to go one crit mod. As much as I like going pure power I can't ignore a .7% boost to crit.

Gonna sit down with Keren's Simulator today! I'll figure out best crit setup for Full 78s.

So when are you adding a Pyro chapter to this guide?

Haha, any section I added for Pyro would be extremely raw right now. I am putting up good numbers with it, but I feel like I'm still just pushing buttons at this point...Trying to work with Keren to get his simulator on point with the way it's actually working in game but it may take some time :)