Bolster should be fixed stats

gofortheko

Each character should have fixed stats, and be allowed to pick a role for pvp. For dps, they get say 22k hps 100 accuracy, 30 crit 75 surge, 600 power. For healers same stats cept replace accuracy with alacrity, like 20percent or whatever optimal. Same with tanks but they get defense, absorb etc. There would be three buttons on your character sheet, or in your pvp window you choose one of the three, dps/healer/tank depending on your class. Then allow no bolster or roles at 55, which allows people to customize their stats as they see fit. Problem solved, thank me later for doing your job bioware.

Each character should have fixed stats, and be allowed to pick a role for pvp. For dps, they get say 22k hps 100 accuracy, 30 crit 75 surge, 600 power. For healers same stats cept replace accuracy with alacrity, like 20percent or whatever optimal. Same with tanks but they get defense, absorb etc. There would be three buttons on your character sheet, or in your pvp window you choose one of the three, dps/healer/tank depending on your class. Then allow no bolster or roles at 55, which allows people to customize their stats as they see fit. Problem solved, thank me later for doing your job bioware.

Please just go play a FPS :rak_03:

Please just go play a FPS :rak_03:

Ahh so you're enjoying running around naked with superior stats and one key mashing for top dps on your level 10. There system doesn't work and won't work since they have known about it since early test. Also having balanced exact stat from 10 to 54 is ideal for fair gameplay. Once you hit max level you can customize as you see fit. But of course you just herped n derped the title without reading and wasted everyone's time with your unimaginative response.

Edited by gofortheko

Ahh so you're enjoying running around naked with superior stats and one key mashing for top dps on your level 10. There system doesn't work and won't work since they have known about it since early test. Also having balanced exact stat from 10 to 54 is ideal for fair gameplay. Once you hit max level you can customize as you see fit. But of course you just herped n deeper the title without reading and wasted everyone's time with your unimaginative response.

No, I think the boslter system is ridiculous and completely broken but I think your idea is largely the same thing...old way was perfectly fine imo and yes I was one of those in recruit...everyone must pay their dues.

Edit: I repeat- please just go play a FPS

Edited by LrdRahvin

No, I think the boslter system is ridiculous and completely broken but I think your idea is largely the same thing...old way was perfectly fine imo and yes I was one of those in recruit...everyone must pay their dues.

Edit: I repeat- please just go play a FPS

old way wont work anymore, since pre 50s grouping with 50 to 54 would get murdered. my solution isnt a FPS solution, because the gear grind starts at 55 now anyway, so it gets rid of their broken bolster system and replaces it witha fixed system to get you to 55, where the real gear grind is at anyway. Wake up sir.

Ok your solution is not terrible but then BW has to go to all the work of finding good stats to balance every spec of every class. They couldnt get balance without bolster right, why do you think they could get balance on 2 levels right? 50 PVP gear was horribly itemized if that is any indication.

I think the old bolster system should be kept and just adjusted a bit down for level 50+ gear so its not too extreme a difference from lower level gear.

Edited by Z-ToXiN

I just cancelled my subscription because of this new bolster system. Yes it's broken now, but I don't see how it can be what I'm looking for when it's working as intended.

You should be rewarded if you put in the time and it's really not that hard to get the PVP gear to be competitive with the discounted PVP gear now and the minimal differences in the 2 tiers.

Why don't I get bolstered when I join an OPs group? It feels like they are penalizing pure PVPers. Since I purely PVP, I don't see a point in a subscription when I can be competitive as a FTPer.

Good f**ken job BW

Edited by umadbruv

old way wont work anymore, since pre 50s grouping with 50 to 54 would get murdered. my solution isnt a FPS solution, because the gear grind starts at 55 now anyway, so it gets rid of their broken bolster system and replaces it witha fixed system to get you to 55, where the real gear grind is at anyway. Wake up sir.

still your solution is an FPS one

I just cancelled my subscription because of this new bolster system. Yes it's broken now, but I don't see how it can be what I'm looking for when it's working as intended.

You should be rewarded if you put in the time and it's really not that hard to get the PVP gear to be competitive with the discounted PVP gear now and the minimal differences in the 2 tiers.

Why don't I get bolstered when I join an OPs group? It feels like they are penalizing pure PVPers. Since I purely PVP, I don't see a point in a subscription when I can be competitive as a FTPer.

Good f**ken job BW

I've been a pvper wholeheartedly and I agree 100% with your post and to place some emphasis on your last part, where is our PvE bolster for all ops?? I have also considered very seriously about cancelling my sub. There is no incentive for me to grind gear now as all stats are provided for free. I can't understand how an mmo which is driven by time sinks (grinding gear) can totally eliminate that aspect for 1/2 of the game. Dedicated PvPers must be around 40% of the total subscription base, people who thrive on achieving min/max of end gear stats.i can't imagine how they all think about this and how it must affect their attraction to pvp.

I constantly try to snap out of this mind set but without a grind and achievement system, what is the point of wasting hours on pvp. Might as well go play BF3 lol. Please BW sort this out.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.