PT 2.0 overly nerfed, not viable

Siphorus

And what numbers are you pulling hm? And are in even in the 55 bracket yet?

Good point, I'm still sub 55, but I'm averaging 800 dps in wz's (not naked pvping). Before pyro was way over powered, I think the gap is now closed. A few classes (cough, gunslinger cough) are a little more effective when played by an equally skilled player.

I honestly just think it's a lot more fair now. Not having competition was not fun.

Good point, I'm still sub 55, but I'm averaging 800 dps in wz's (not naked pvping). Before pyro was way over powered, I think the gap is now closed. A few classes (cough, gunslinger cough) are a little more effective when played by an equally skilled player.

End WZ dmg numbers are almost irrelevant. Flame Burst was buffed. And you have 700 more Expertise now. So yeah, you'll be doing more damage on the score screen. Pyros still have the worst burst out of any class in 2.0. They also have the worst survivability now that Energy Rebounder is moved to the AP tree. You won't be able to kill any good healer. You also won't do anything on a ranked team at 55.

And for other doubters, go ahead and try to duel people on fleet or in your guild. You'll lose to any sniper or marauder, and probably any sorc as well.

Edited by AnusReaper

They nerfed the PVE pyro's by dropping the railshot penetration amount and CGC by 50% (these guys don't use TD I believe)

They nerfed the PVP pyro's by cutting our TD burst in half, dropping railshot penetration amount and the CGC by 50%

No wonder the pyro PT is so poor in PVP now. Always been the way with BW for some reason, instead of doing minor adjustments they just go way too far and totally screw things up. From the games I've played since 2.0 and the changes they've made to other classes, I'd say pyro definitely needs the TD burst back, and more than likely the CGC - railshot could possibly stay the way it is.

We were already out DPSed by a competent smasher or sniper, we were already pretty poor in 1v1 due to the nature of our lack of defensive CD, and we offered very little utility to the team except for a pull. All we had was our burst which made us a niche class.. I wouldn't take a DPS PT into a RWZ atm, just too many better options. I'm a 2400+ rated pyro PT myself, and I can see my class is just trash in its current state.

Edited by ausmisc

They nerfed the PVP pyro's by cutting our TD burst in half, dropping railshot penetration amount and the CGC by 50%.

just for my interest, what does the CGC nerf by 50% exactly relate to? i only see the +30% damage taken out of the pyro tree

just for my interest, what does the CGC nerf by 50% exactly relate to? i only see the +30% damage taken out of the pyro tree

They increased the proc rate for our combustible gas cylinder DOT by 15%, but dropped its damage by 50%.

Don't quote me on this, as I never did any parsing myself. But I believe it did a fair proportion of PVErs damage (say 30%) and subsequently a fair amount of the PVPers damage too. As a rough estimate we might be losing say 15% of our total damage from this DOT nerf.

A major nerf in itself, but then they also turned our top tier pyro talent into something worse than explosive dart.. a 10m tickle bomb.

Edited by ausmisc

They increased the proc rate for our combustible gas cylinder DOT by 15%, but dropped its damage by 50%.

Don't quote me on this, as I never did any parsing myself. But I believe it did a fair proportion of PVErs damage (say 30%) and subsequently a fair amount of the PVPers damage too. As a rough estimate we might be losing say 15% of our total damage from this DOT nerf.

A major nerf in itself, but then they also turned our top tier pyro talent into something worse than explosive dart.. a 10m tickle bomb.

Between CGC, and RS we lost approximetly 20% of damage output. 3% to 5% from crtic nerf, since the class has surge bonuses and finally burst nerf with TD (plus RS). I have been seeing much less PTs around lately in PvP and PvE. People pretty much shelved their PTs. I am curios how is this "balance."

It's not that the PT can't perform, it's that they can't compete for a rated spot like they would have.

Now that the spike damage is flatter, the Powertech has less of a discernable advantage over a Sniper/Marauder/Assassin/Sorceror/Juggernaut in that one regard, and typically lose out in other categories such as survivability or CC. That is to say, for a dps spot, they're still just edging out Mercenaries, who also need 2 scoops of help.

Edited by Natholomew

• 5 weeks later...

What I don't understand is why people are still playing the class and trying to say that's its viable still. And every single argument is "the good players stick around"

Lets be real for 5 seconds. The difference between a good and bad pyro is how often your free rail procs, something which you have no control over. Also the spec is 4-5 buttons. Nothing else. AP is the same way, so nothing has changed on the way it's played, any good player will have good resource management, and will learn to work with what they got, pyro is not something you have control over, you're not guaranteed to get a free rail like the warrior is guaranteed a auto smash crit. It's just bull ****. 60 and 45% are nothing to write home about when you have 100%s on a few other classes that needed a nerf far more than we did.

I'm just really bitter though, not a big fan of BW at the moment.

You guys are being drama queens. I'm still topping damage in ever wz I'm playing. Just because other classes can burst now too, doesn't mean we can't keep up with them.

But we dont have the burst that other classes do. Damage doesn't matter it's about kills and getting that target down fast or putting pressure.

What I don't understand is why people are still playing the class and trying to say that's its viable still. And every single argument is "the good players stick around"

Lets be real for 5 seconds. The difference between a good and bad pyro is how often your free rail procs, something which you have no control over. Also the spec is 4-5 buttons. Nothing else. AP is the same way, so nothing has changed on the way it's played, any good player will have good resource management, and will learn to work with what they got, pyro is not something you have control over, you're not guaranteed to get a free rail like the warrior is guaranteed a auto smash crit. It's just bull ****. 60 and 45% are nothing to write home about when you have 100%s on a few other classes that needed a nerf far more than we did.

I'm just really bitter though, not a big fan of BW at the moment.

We all are lol

rather than saying it just sucks and being drawn into what seems to be an argument what is good and not good.

just look at the number of Powertech's who now PVP on the Shadowlands server. For a while there on any given week night there was only about 3 of us who still keep at it. Any new ones who show up, quickly learn and are gone. A quick check on gear indicates this.

I am not the greatest pvp player but I am not an idiot either.

basically an 8 person WZ with more than one powertech is a wipe, I leave them because its not fair to the other 7 players. if I am the power tech I give it my best, but I still feel sorry for my team mates

All I ask is, please fix us