The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

.... Can we talk about the comm's cap.

Wizardtwo

* Is this temporary?

* is there a way I can stop the quest from popping up EVERY time I load?

* please tell me it's temporary.

Caps have been part of the game from the outset, only some new ones have been implemented as part of the new patch. Because there are a lot of people with excess comms such as the planetary commendations there is a temporary excess allowable on some of the newly combined comms. This excess allowance is temporary and will not be available once you have come under the limit. I like the new pop up notice to inform you when you reach a level close to the cap limit so you can offload them.

I'm not sure of which Quest you refer to?? Can you be more specific?

Yeah, I don't have a problem with the caps on total comms, they just encourage you to spend the things rather than hoard them endlessly. Although, I think the Planetary Comms cap could be higher, since it's easy to accumulate 50 of them before you get a chance to go back to the vendors.

The weekly caps, however, are annoying (at least they've said they're removing the weekly cap on Classic Coms). They're basically telling you how much you are allowed to play the game each week. If you're a subscriber, you should be able to play the game however much you want to.