The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Gamepad support, unlock under Cartel coins! Why not?

Tarurelm

I know ALOT of people would have wanted this from the start, but not many MMOs do have this feature. I have accepted this fact and have come up with a great solution. Adding a new feature, especially one like this, would take a bit of development time, therefore costing money. Why not Implement Game Pad support, and sell it for like 1000 Cartel Coins? Everyone would be happy, you get some cash, a dev gets to do some programming and we could get some much more accessability with our game pads. POSSIBLY a free addition to Subscribers?It is not something we NEED to play, but an added luxury. Sure, there are ways to use 3rd party programs to utilize the controller, which i do use, but some native gamepad support would be awesome!!!! Just as an example, I saw how FFXIV is doing it in their MMO and have shown some great ideas of how it can be done, and done efficiently! Just an idea!!!

Being able to do everything shy of chatting with only using a gamepad would be awesome. From opening a my inventory, to selecting what armor to eqiup, etc etc...

Here is a link to a post i threw up showing how i use my game pad.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=623806