The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Travel Price Increase?

Reynah

What's with that? I thought the original prices to travel between planets was fine, but now it costs me an arm and a leg to travel between the Imperial Fleet and Nar Shadaa? For those of us who hop around planet to planet helping people, exploring or just for fun, that's crazy.

Yeah it sucks so so much... It is my second most hated thing from the update...

Same. I am not a very rich Jedi (or any of my other toons lol) and between travel and cost of the next tier crafting missions I am mostly broke until I start pumping out enhancements

I think it's to encourage you to finish a planet properly before moving on, especially in conjuction with the achievements for each planet. But I agree it sucks, it makes the companion quests more of a pain, and adds nothing, yes the rates on the GTN were skyrocketing, but increasing travel costs and speeder licenses was not the answer, maybe they should have introduced expensive dye packs for people with too much money and left the rest alone.

Is there a more viable cheapskate way to get to makeb for free?

or do I have to keep abandoning my ship's holoterminal mission every time I want a free ride

The new panels allow you to travel for free now. They are in the area where you enter the instance for your ship and should also be at shuttle zone areas in BH, Section X and Belsavis. There might be more actually. Anyway, you can use those for free.

• 2 weeks later...

It was too cheap before. I don't like it either, but it is more realistic. Think of it in real world terms.

Think of how long it takes you to make the credits to go from one planet to the next. What is it, like 10 minutes?

Now think how long it takes in real life to earn enough cash to drive 200 miles away. I'm guessing longer than 10 minutes.

Look what Luke and Obi Wan had to do to hitch a ride with Solo. They had to sell their speeder.

Traveling isn't cheap, that's a lot of fuel and wear and tear.

Just be happy that you don't have to start the game over after you die each time.