The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Guild Ships.

jareddead

So I am not sure if there are any of this kind of threads open at the moment, feel free to merge if needed. But from day one of launch, bio ware you promised us guild ships! You said you were going to make that a high priority to get us them, yet we haven't seen them or heard about them since launch. I know you are busy trying to make money off your dam cartel market, but where is the one thing we wanted most?

This is a great post and a great idea. I too share the conclusion that Guild ships would be awesome. Sadly, I missed any sort of announcement that the game developers have been planning this option for any amount of time. Considering the game layout, it doesn't seem like any stretch to make a said number of instanced encounter zones off of fleet to give a guild its own space. This seems like it would drive the community further, and incentives offered in game to guild ships would be really cool. Imagine taking the guild frigate to an Operation, or having an epic space battle worth playing, with guildies manning several aspects of the ship in an Operation/Raid style space combat/boarding party encounter. Or, you can finally get all your guildies in one room of the ship to have a meeting, contest, or anything else.

Please make this happen!

They have mentioned this somewhat recently.

It's on their to do list, but was pushed back due to the F2P conversion.

They've stated multiple times that they do plan to do this, but like all the other stuff people want, e.g.: pazaak, chat bubbles, etc., they are not high priorities. So we will likely see guild ships eventually, but not any time soon.

Edited by Retsu

They have mentioned this somewhat recently.

It's on their to do list, but was pushed back due to the F2P conversion.

They've stated multiple times that they do plan to do this, but like all the other stuff people want, e.g.: pazaak, chat bubbles, etc., they are not high priorities. So we will likely see guild ships eventually, but not any time soon.

I really hope they dont restrict f2p players from entering the ships if/when they come out, I do think this is an awesome idea though.

To be honest, there are a lot of troubles (i hope so!) up in the list cause they are real ones for every player. Is a nice idea but 1st to that i want: Solutions to many bugs going around with joining/leaving instances, solutions to all the bugs they created with the little foresight at 2.0, a real solution to characters eternal-stuck and /stuck placing u nowhere near an unstuck position, etc............

There are a LONG list of things to do still, but no matter, they will instead add more items to Cartel Market instead of solve them or give players things they reallly want.........

Edited by Otrorto

I presume they could add an additional instanced hangar bay for Guild Capital Ship, in the already existing Class Hangar area on both Imp/Rep Fleet. However if this idea would finally get executed it wouldn't suprise me if it ended up as a rare loot in a new Cartel Pack. :D

Considering the game layout, it doesn't seem like any stretch to make a said number of instanced encounter zones off of fleet to give a guild its own space. This seems like it would drive the community further, and incentives offered in game to guild ships would be really cool. Or, you can finally get all your guildies in one room of the ship to have a meeting, contest, or anything else.

Not to steal thunder from EverQuest 2, but what they did at release and later when they introduced guild housing, was have a area you could click on and select who's resident or guild hall you wanted to entered and based on the permission enter it (obviously guild wouldn't censor their own people). I know before I left that game it was nice to see how the units where decorated via achievements hung on walls or furniture, but having that here as well as possible mission terminals would definately lesson the fleet issues when they get over 50 people and just plain laggy in the 100-200 range.

To be honest, there are a lot of troubles (i hope so!) up in the list cause they are real ones for every player. Is a nice idea but 1st to that i want: Solutions to many bugs going around with joining/leaving instances, solutions to all the bugs they created with the little foresight at 2.0, a real solution to characters eternal-stuck and /stuck placing u nowhere near an unstuck position, etc............

There are a LONG list of things to do still, but no matter, they will instead add more items to Cartel Market instead of solve them or give players things they reallly want.........

Sadly alot of these bugs, where noted by players and still made it into live. I know when I played the PTS I focused on the lower end of the game while everyone else just wanted to do then end game. So either they didn't think the issues ment anything or just got over-looked because people didn't care till now.

Could someone please tell me what these guild ships would do?

I like the idea but if we are simply talking about adding another Star Destroyer to fleet that only guild mates can go to... what exactly is the benefit beside being kinda cool?

Can the Guild Ships travel?

Can the Guild Ships fight each other?

Is there something on this Guild Ship that isn't on Fleet?

It probably wouldn't take them much effort to put Guild Ships on the Fleet but I think they are aware the second they do the collective cry is going for them to serve some purpose beyond "my guild is leet".

- Arcada

Edited by Nydus