So I'm Capping Out On Classic Comms Today; Amber/Eric, Please, a Response?

skitzogreg

You sir are a hoarder.

There is nothing wrong with that. It's how a person wants to play the game, it doesn't effect anyone else at all if a person wants to keep a boatload of coms.

I personally agree that the limit should be raised higher than it was in before 2.0, we should be able to save up large amounts of coms. You never know when you'll make a new alt and want to give them some easy gear and there comp.

This limit, in it's current form, pushes people away from playing the game right now. Which means longer queue times for everyone else. Why would bioware want people to stop playing their game? Sorry not bioware, but EA.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand the fuss is all about classic coms cap. There has always been caps for coms. don't know the exact reasoning but they always have been there. Before 2.0 I had two toons with 1k dailys because I stopped trying to use the coms, there was nothing I wanted and it took too much effort to try to find something to do with the comms.

Thats now also true with classics, there is a limited use and in very little time it will be a hassle just to try to use the coms. as long as there is a limit someone is going to reach it, which tells us that person don't really use them so I don't see how his/her gameplay is being affected.

The weekly caps are new, but still it seems so strange to complain about the less useful comms; people are saying that they like dailys and wont be same without gaining classic coms, but as I said before there has always been a limit, deal with it the same way you did before. but really what make this complain kind of pointless (in my view) is that there are now 55 dailys (GSI, Makeb dailys and makeb staged weekly) that gives basic coms. once you are 55 do that. you cant do all the daily content every day, so just do the relevant one. and if someone is so focused that they just want to do the old dailys, well then you can do that, you wont get more than 200 coms a week but since at that point gear reward is obviously not what you are looking (or you would do basic coms dailys) then it shouldn't matter.

Edited by nelander

So, I ask you. Why the drive to get more Classic comms? I have a feeling that very soon everyone will be capped with Classic comms because they are literally of no use. Am I missing something?

Because any reward is better than no reward, even if you are already geared above 61's it's still useful for lots of reasons especially with legacy alts and companions, or you could even vendor it off after waiting 2 hours, or RE it etc.

I did EC SM earlier through group finder on my tank and the only thing I got from it was the 15k weekly quest reward, no comms, no drops as well as the fact the groups DPS was poor and I wasted around 20k in repairs on kephess alone. I actually lost money and gained no items from doing a whole operation.

What bioware are doing here is basically treating us subs as F2P and imposing unnecessary limits that will drive a lot of players away because there won't be nothing for them to do until the week resets. How is that meant to encourage more people to "continue" to play the game and invest in it when you hit that brick wall which says your weekly amount is up?

What bioware are doing here is basically treating us subs as F2P and imposing unnecessary limits that will drive a lot of players away because there won't be nothing for them to do until the week resets. How is that meant to encourage more people to "continue" to play the game and invest in it when you hit that brick wall which says your weekly amount is up?

This paragraph is a great synopsis and the first time Ive been legitimately frustrated in this game. I dont really like alts, I mainly play them as a stress relief from my main. IE Getting focus fired as a healer in wz, time to bring out my bounty hunter. So this week when I capped my comms in 1 day, I was seriously annoyed.

I mean if they are going to cap me like Im f2p, I can gladly go to f2p and waste my money somewhere else.

Some serious business thought needs to be applied to their decisions.

This paragraph is a great synopsis and the first time Ive been legitimately frustrated in this game. I dont really like alts, I mainly play them as a stress relief from my main. IE Getting focus fired as a healer in wz, time to bring out my bounty hunter. So this week when I capped my comms in 1 day, I was seriously annoyed.

I mean if they are going to cap me like Im f2p, I can gladly go to f2p and waste my money somewhere else.

Some serious business thought needs to be applied to their decisions.

I totally agree with you. We are subscribers. There shouldn't be caps at all and if there are, they shouldn't be this ridiculous. It's like they don't bloody care about the subscribers who are their bread and butter. Many of us subscribers also spend money in the CM. They need to start thinking about us.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.