The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Let us trade in Reputation Boosts like Artifact Fragments

As soon as I hit max reputation with the Cartel -- and I know there are a LOT of you out there who beat me to it ;) -- the very next pack that contained a Reputation Boost, I had to ask, "What am I supposed to do with this?" I imagine that some day, maybe when BW introduces the third series of goods for the Market, we may have a new type of reputation to gain. That says nothing of what we do right now with our Reputation Boosts that are starting to gather dust (like all those Stylish Dancer Tops...).

How about this: how about treating boosts, once a player hits max reputation, in the same manner as Treasure Hunting's Gift Artifact Fragments. Create a new vendor that requires Legend standing with the Cartel in order to access or purchase anything from it. Have all the available items requiring "turning in" some number of green or blue or purple boosts, just like Artifact Fragments and the Curator. Perhaps, as well, Cartel Certificates can be purchased through this process.

I'd also like to suggest that NONE of these items be BoP ... at least BoL if not BoE. But when it comes to BioWare giving us what we want when it comes to spending our money, I don't hold out much hope for a positive outcome here.

Edited by finelinebob

I didn't invest too much into the recent packs (if my signature wasn't a hint at that already) but I figured this would happen sooner or later.

I do hope they come up with some kind of trade-in for the rep items, since it'll suck getting something that is even more worthless than the Jawagrams once you've maxed the faction.

So...

/signed!

• 10 months later...