The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Lost Island 2.0

Yeah, I mean, I don't have much truck with the hardcore raider set that thinks anybody who hasn't got a zillion runs of S&V HM under their belt by now is incompetent and doesn't know how to play their class. I'm not somebody who says "L2P".

But jeez, HM LI is not a killer FP, it wasn't even before 2.0, and after 2.0 it's become pretty forgiving even to people who ignore the mechanics of the fights. This is especially so since Black Hole gear started to rain from the skies in the endgame, and Rakata mods became available dirt cheap from planetary comm vendors.

If you're failing at HM LI, one of several things is probably happening. You might be woefully undergeared, and if you're undergeared and doing HM FPs that's your own fault. You might not have any clue what you're doing, and we're not just talking not-fully-optimized rotations here, we're talking "doesn't know how taunts work" or "only ever spams basic attacks". You might not know the mechanics of the fights, which means you didn't do the SM version of the FP, didn't ask anybody else for help (or ignored people who tried to give it), or didn't look it up beforehand.

Or you could be stuck in a group with people who are like that, in which case, sorry. :(

Lost island was moved in with the rest of the flashpoints after being "rebalanced", this isnt even close to being balanced for a general pug to do with groupfinder. The only thing popping all morning was LI and people failing and building up huge repair costs (thanks for double the costs for 2.0 BW, oh wait they "removed" the 50% discount.....).

Dont get me wrong, I like LI and me and a friend 2 man it all the time for the rakgoul weekly before the rebalancing but the point stands as a member of the regular group finder flashpoints it isnt close to being balanced, people are bailing as soon as they see its LI leaving the rest of the time standing around waiting for others to come and leave.

So many of these posts. Lost Island is a Joke now.

I don't know what people's issues was, my first time doing LI HM was in 2.0 it just never came up in GF for me before, I warned everyone I'd never been there before, followed the tank as they took the shortcuts and skipped mobs, and they were able to give me the gist of each fight in one or two sentences before hand, I had a little bit of trouble making sure I was right on the hitbox for the smash (hard to see when you don't have the mob targeted) but other than that we had no dramas. And this was on my alt healer that was barely tionese and that I wasn't comfortable with.