The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Any PVE Builds Yet?

Faust

So far I'm seeing nothing buy PVP, and since I am not in the least interested in that, I was wondering if anyone has come up with a good PVE build yet, thanks.

both assault and tactics do very well right now. However the orum QQers see changes as nothing but nerfs therefore cry about everything. Do yourself a favor and play what you like playing and it will do fine.

Theres a hybrid spec floating around in the powertech forums, but tbh the damage that vanguards/powertechs do is such crap right now due to the overnerf. You'd be better off hitting 55 and shelfing him for a while till bioware fixes the class. might be a while so get comfy

both assault and tactics do very well right now. However the orum QQers see changes as nothing but nerfs therefore cry about everything. Do yourself a favor and play what you like playing and it will do fine.

Those orum I mean forum QQers you mention dont stick their heads in the sand and suck up the overnerf.

No we actually play the game and see what we enjoy about it...our assault tree got nerfed into the ground.

Play other classes and see how much better they perform.

So yeah...get your head out of that ***...sand I mean and see what is really going on.

Can Vanguard still do damage? Sure but its outperformed by every other class now...and whats most important I just dont enjoy playing the Vanguard anymore in its current state.

Isnt playing a game the point of playing something you enjoy?

I spend a LOT of time in my Twi'lek vanguard.

Note its a twilek...I had a HUMAN vanguard before but rerolled it to be a twilek...yeah I did the whole lvl 1 to 50 again just caus I loved my Vanguard that much and I wanted it to be a Twi'lek.

Benching my Vanguard is not something I do lightly...so stop your silly none constructive bashing of people who are facing the truth and try to get attention to it on these forums...as that is all we can do.

Edited by Archaell

Getting back on track.

So far I'm seeing nothing buy PVP, and since I am not in the least interested in that, I was wondering if anyone has come up with a good PVE build yet, thanks.

Why are you looking to others to put up a build?

This is a serious question. Think about it.

It really isn't that hard to look at the trees and decide how to you want to build your character.

There are 2 damage trees.

Tactics is based around using Gut to place a bleed DoT (Damage over Time) on your target, using High Energy Cell to increase the DoT damage and using certain abilities to trigger a free Stockstrike and a guaranteed critical High Impact Bolt (HIB).

Assault is based around using Plasma Cell, using certain abilites to "force" Plasma Cell's burn DoT to trigger, placing additional DoTs on the target (we now get a total of 3 DoTs) and using other abilites to trigger a reset of HIB's cooldown and make HIB cost no ammo.

Almost every tier in the trees has talents that increase Damage and others that provide "utility" and/or survivabiity.

Knowing the above, it is just a question of deciding how you want to play (Tactics or Assault) and then go up that tree taking the talents that will either increase your damage or increase your utility/survivability.

Think about the talents. Think about their synergies. Don't be afraid to switch the order you use your attacks in to maximise synergies between abilites or make cooldowns align better for a smoother flow of abilites. If you don't like the tree you chose, or you realize that a talent you took is not useful to you, don't be afraid to reset your talent tree and try again.

It really isn't that hard and it has the added advantage that since it is "your" talent tree that "you" built, "you" will know how best to use it (instead of trying to get your head around "someone else's" talent choices).

Go through the talent trees. Think about a build. Then build it and play with it. Correct as needed.

If you have a doubt about how a talent works, or the synergies it has with other talents, come here and ask about it.

I wanted to try to kick start this thread and get some serious discussion going for PvE DPS. Here's a build I'm toying around with. It doesn't feel like it has excellent burst, but I'm still trying to figure out how best to use shoulder cannon.

Please provide feedback off of first glance and/or testing on a training dummy.

http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-calculator/vanguard/237/?build=023200300000000000000000000000000203120200100000000000000000000003200320221002120230000000000000&ver=20