GCD skipping

demuss

Anyone else still having issues with abilities not going off but still activating a GCD? I was hoping this would be cleared up a bit when 2.0 came out but it seems like it's worse now than it was before. I'm pretty sure its tied to server lag but its really frustrating to deal with this issue in pvp and it is gamebreaking imo. Bioware really needs to take a closer look at this issue...

• 2 months later...
Yes this is probably one of the biggest issues this game has as of right now that is not being fixed but instead full focus is on the cartel market. Its really sad and only getting worse. Good thing nightmare mode are coming out. That should really make it hard to do when every other move is a fake GCD

yup. it's especially noticeable on my commando healer, when i try to transition from spamming hammer shot (green meanie beam of healing goodness), into kolto bomb, frequently the kolto bomb will go into CD but not actually cast. it can really be a hastle attempting to heal in a damage spikey time when a CD fires but doesn't actually heal.

It's gotten worse recently. It basically makes PvP unplayable unless you're willing to power through it. It makes the game feel sluggish.

For me if I lose any combat situation because of something I did wrong then it's acceptable, it's a situation where I should learn and improve. But when I'm losing in combat situations because the game doesn't operate properly then it makes me not want to play.

This is extremly annoying in PvP (at least as a commando). I use my full auto, only to see the animation go off, same with grav round. I usually end up having fired Demo round before grav round due to this... and it's severely cutting my damage :mad:

Your an idiot. This is the biggest issue in the game every other bug is trumped by it. It effects PvP and PvE. So stop trolling, you are just making this game worse.

You stop being an idiot...

I was making the point of the devs of this game making a patch like 2.2 that adds nothing more than slightly harder content and a bunch of other "fluff" meaningless content. All while bugs like this have been going on since day one, because they are using a bad engine to continuously add content on top of.

I have been complaining about GCD misfirings and pvp/fleet lag since day one. And I'm still a subscriber, and I don't know why... I don't even really play anymore...

2.2: Adding more stuff not really all that important...

And, you'll keep playing it...

I have personally observed that this issue is worse in certain areas / encounters. For example, GCD skipping seems to be worse when fighting Styrak. It also seems to be linked to having a lot of simultaneous inputs at once, for example activating force charge + adrenal while mashing the smash key has a pretty good chance of causing a fake GCD with no smash.

I have a feeling that this issue is also linked / compounded by poor client performance causing some crazy sync issues with the server. The knockback bug is a good example of this, where you will get stuck in the air and be completely immobilized instead.

Edited by Marb

Two options that seemed to have worked for me:

Turn your ability activation queue to 0s and spam your keys as much as you want.

-- OR --

Hit your keys once as the GCD is about to end, spamming keys is the biggest culprit for False GCD's

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.