The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Multi spec

Isn't it about time to have a way of switching between dps / tank or healing / dps. There should be a way to switch without having to travel to fleet or spending a ton of credits to always re-spec. Need a way to switch on a fly instead of being forced in a different way.

Seriously, wasn't this supposed to be in a year ago? They need to give us a real update on when this is happening. I say when, not if, because the current options are simply not acceptable. Fly back to the fleet or spent about $3.50 in Cartel Coins per character to be able to respec in the field? Feels like a cash grab, and that's not how you handle mechanics that are practically essential in this day and age. If that were an account wide unlock I'd be willing to budge, but as it stands the game's group and PVP play is severely hampered by the lack of the promised dual/multi-spec system.

Yeah, because if a feature was in WoW it must be a bad thing. :rolleyes:

Well, I assume you say that because it was in WoW. I don't actually know as I only played that game for a few months at launch.

I've been playing MMOs for over 20 years. Trust me, mutli-spec is one of the best modern developments in MMORPGs. If every MMO (or nearly every one, I'm sure there are exceptions) had mult/dual-spec and mentoring (EQ2) the genre would be better for it.

Edited by Fuse_AQM

The world of warcraft is very strong with you!

Actually Force Wielders in the Star Wars universe almost always had more than one fighting style, or "Specialization," so it would make sense for this to happen. I personally would of preferred to have a new spec for each of your stances, for example soresu form is tank defense spec, shii-cho is lightsaber offensive, ataru is force offensive... etc

Edited by MastaKorgy