DPS question

genesiser

Hello everyone, I recently came back to this game and I got my sentinel to level 50. I would like to know if my dps is where it should be to see if I am playing my character correctly. I understand the expansion is coming out soon and things will change a bit, but for now I want a general idea if I am in the range of what is expected.

My gear is a mix of the pvp gear you get when you hit 50 and the tionese gear. Basically it's tionese in whatever slot I got from the gear they give you and the rest is pvp gear. Included in the gear is the war hero pvp weapon in my mainhand, the one with a 61 hilt in it.

Anyway, I just did my hard mode first flash point after getting the gear and it was the battle of ilum (I don't have the target dummy to just test my dps) and on the last boss, the only boss we fought, I ended up doing 1120 dps over the course of 190 seconds (the boss where you kill the mystic and the guy that keeps disappearing and where you have to interrupt the blast spell he does, so I was on interrupt duty). So with a total of ~350k dmg to be dealt to both enemies, I ended up doing 212k of the dmg. The spec I am using is a 5/30/5 spec where a majority of my points is in the tree with ataru form.

So going off of what I described, am I about where I should be? Or do I have a lot of improving to do? I like to play dps characters and try to play them to the fullest to help out the raid. While I haven't found a raiding guild yet, I would like to join one and when I do, be sure to contribute as much as I can.

Thank You!

Edited by genesiser

I just recently leveled a marauder and went carnage (Combat for Sent). After getting the free tionese and recruit, and getting the mainhand weapon, I was putting up about 1350-1400 on the dummy without any augments or biochem items. (There are dummies in Ziost Shadow) So you seem to be fine, considering you lose dps in boss fights. Edited by bbare