Story Mode [Working Title]

ConstableNobody

So, I am nearing the end of my Sith Warrior's story, and I've found myself wondering, what if I'd done things differently? I reflected upon my choices and there are several more ways I'd like to play out the Sith Warrior story, but there is no way I'll be leveling another 3-5 Sith Warriors to 50. That's when I came up with this idea, a "Story Mode" or Streamline option. This would be an option that you enable [likely during character creation] that allows you to play a character from start to finish, only doing his/her class and companion quests. It would of course not be available from the start. You would have to unlock it through the Legacy program, by reaching level 50 with a class. I am aware that this would be a somewhat daunting task, and even if it received support, it would likely take a year or more to implement, so this thread is largely to see what others think, and to raise the idea to the Developers. I'm not going to expect much to come of it, not yet at least.

Sounds promising, but what I don't understand is why do those quests again? I mean wouldn't levelling another one pretty be the same thing? I mean you would get nothing from repeating the class quests, since you have already done them.

If you gained more credits, alignment points and other stuff, then people would use it to get more rewards, however little, I mean, even if you just did the class quests and companion quests, the amount of credits would be abit insane.

Sounds promising, but what I don't understand is why do those quests again? I mean wouldn't levelling another one pretty be the same thing? I mean you would get nothing from repeating the class quests, since you have already done them.

It would be the same thing, expect you could skip all the side quests and other stuff you have to do to keep appropriate geared and leveled for your story. Maximum pleasure with minimum effort.

I really like this idea, though I'd also like being able to "restart" the conversations with my companions. I may roll a new character to try the storyline as a dark side character, but no way I'm going to roll a new character just to get nostalgic by i.e. re-romancing a somp some character of mine romanced almost a year ago.

I doubt that you would get more credits from doing class quests than doing dailies on a 50. If you would, the credits could be removed in this mode. I just want to experience the different choices that can be made within one storyline, so that I can experience more of the game without having to do all of the side-quests and such that are required to keep up with your class-quests normally. BioWare has made an excellent game, with plenty of depth in each character's story. Aspects can change due to race, gender, and alignment, as well as other, seemingly minute choices. There is no way I could ever experience all of these complexities through normal means, it would take far too many playthroughs. That's where this mode would come in handy. Able to explore the complexities, at a fraction of the time it would normally take.

I may roll a new character to try the storyline as a dark side character, but no way I'm going to roll a new character just to get nostalgic by i.e. re-romancing a somp some character of mine romanced almost a year ago.

Precisely my motivation for this idea. I'd love to re-romance random NPCs in different ways, and definitely would like to take different paths with my companions, but lack the tenacity, as I'm sure many would, to level ten Sith Warriors.

This has been asked for over the the last year and everytime I say the same thing...NO! You have made your choices. There is no going back with the same character and changing them. You have to live with those choices. There is a reason why Bioware designed the game this way. They even said well before launch that you will never be able to go back and change things. Whats done is done.

Its a great idea, would love to be able to go through the class stories from a different perspective but I think Bioware and any MMOs business plan is to make you keep your sub going for as long as possible which means gating the story content through level grinding.

You have made your choices. There is no going back with the same character and changing them.

I think you may have misread my post. I never suggested allowing my character to repeat or change anything, I simply wish to experience more of the game that BioWare took their time in making. This is a way to maximize the amount of the game I can experience, it would be a new character every time, you would just be playing through the class/companion stories alone on said new character.

Its a great idea, would love to be able to go through the class stories from a different perspective but I think Bioware and any MMOs business plan is to make you keep your sub going for as long as possible which means gating the story content through level grinding.

See, I thought of that too, but the thing is that I'm not going to roll 5 more Sith Warriors, so that isn't "potential subscription time". I likely won't play through each of the stories more than once(twice in some cases). So adding the option for me to do only the story would make me create more characters, thereby increasing the "potential subscription time".

I just want to voice my support for any idea that allows us to replay story without having to go through the process of leveling a new alt each time.

And yes I leveled two Sith Inquisitors and two Sith Warriors, all 4 dark side, because I enjoyed the story so much. And I started leveling a light side Sith Inq and a light side Sith Warrior for the same reason. That's in addition to having a maxed out character of all the other classes (funnily enough that was all in the first 5 months that was supposed to be the length of time it would take us to level one character...lol). For people like me who are only here for the story, I would stay subbed just to see all 8 stories 32 times. But not if it means grinding through all the non-story content again for going on the 12th or 13th time.

Edited by Korusus

I'm a big fan of the idea of any kind of "new game+" which lets you play your character's story over again. To make things interesting why not have all of the class story areas scale to the players level so they remain challenging to some extent?

For many people, the class stories are the best part of TOR. It only makes sense to maximize the features involving these stories.

For many people, the class stories are the best part of TOR. It only makes sense to maximize the features involving these stories.

This is true for myself. Additionally, this is TOR's biggest selling point over other MMOs. It's something that nobody else does, and possibly will never do as well as BW did it, I just want to capitalize on this fantastic part of the game.