What changes are coming for Guardian tanks?

Lordmird

'Ello.

Tis double xp weekend, so I decided to start making a Guardian. I had this idea in my head, that I'll make a DPS Guardian. Fact is, they don't work so well in lowbie PvP.

I have redecided that I shall play a Guardian tank, going 27 Defense, 2 Focus, and 12 Vigilance.

However, I'm wondering if it's even worth making this tank, because of 2.0 coming up.

Will there be any changes to Guardians that I need to worry about?

With 2.0, you'll probably want to go at least 36 points into defense, Guardian Slash is alot better than it is in 1.7.

Sad as it is, and as much fun as I've had playing hybrid in PvP, it's just not going to be anywhere near as effective as now. CC immunity will be tied to Shien form, which was really the big reason to go hybrid in PvP.

Overall the changes to the individual trees are great. IMO the class is in the best place it's ever been since launch. Defense damage is increasing, as is its mobility and defense skills. Vigilance is getting more mobility as well, and an increase in DoT damage. Focus is smoothing out its damage balance (a bit less AoE, but more single target damage and smoother rage gen). overall the class is in a great spot.

But it is still the Guard class, and as such, is a late bloomer as far as skills are concerned, which is what your feeling in PvP. we really don't start to bloom until the mid 30's or so, and don't' really hit our stride until the early 40's. It's a class issue that can't be resolved without a complete skill revamp (which I doubt Bio will ever do). So the solution is to stick with it...it get's better once you get higher.

Can't comment too much on the PvP side, but many are lamenting the loss of Unremitting/Unstoppable. Can't blame them...it's an amazing talent. But im neutral on that one. keep it as is, gate it behind Shien....all good to me. I wish my PvP brethren luck on pushing Bio to revert that one. Until then....Defense/Immortal spec is in a good spot. great, actually. you just wont have Unremitting anymore.

Edited by Elyxin

With the addition of so much threat to our AOE's I think that they deserve to be pushed higher on our priority rotations. TBH I would gladly trade my AoE taunt for an AoE pull.

Just the thought makes me giddy :D