Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Voidstar "Feature"

gravioli

a gunslinger wouldnt be able to get there. a sage has to use force speed and time the jump pretty well to get from the spawn room onto that platform. working as intended; other ranged classes can shoot them, and melee classes can use gap closers to get to them.

The sage can pull the slinger.

-----

It's pretty cheesy. Easy to avoid but lame nonetheless. Hope it's part of the various post-2.0 fixes. Similar to skipping the bridges previous with a well timed force speed to me: clever use, clearly should be fixed.

a gunslinger wouldnt be able to get there. a sage has to use force speed and time the jump pretty well to get from the spawn room onto that platform. working as intended; other ranged classes can shoot them, and melee classes can use gap closers to get to them.

My scoundrel gap closer?

The sage can pull the slinger.

-----

It's pretty cheesy. Easy to avoid but lame nonetheless. Hope it's part of the various post-2.0 fixes. Similar to skipping the bridges previous with a well timed force speed to me: clever use, clearly should be fixed.

ok, great. you cannot see the doors from that overhang. so you can pewpew all day at people near the middle barrier, and thats it. not a very helpful thing for your team.

ok, great. you cannot see the doors from that overhang. so you can pewpew all day at people near the middle barrier, and thats it. not a very helpful thing for your team.

It's effectiveness really shouldn't have anything to do with whether it should be fixed, honestly. It's pretty silly and bad design.

its not a bug, and gives no real advantage. no need for a fix.

I disagree that it shouldn't be fixed, I don't particularly care about how effective it is in relation to whether it should be fixed, and I don't want to get into a semantics argument over the first part :) Cheers.

I disagree that it shouldn't be fixed, I don't particularly care about how effective it is in relation to whether it should be fixed, and I don't want to get into a semantics argument over the first part :) Cheers.

so you are saying you want it fixed b/c you say so, and anyone that disagrees can fk off. thats solid.

people will complain about anything, the devs should not waste a second trying to fix this.

so you are saying you want it fixed b/c you say so, and anyone that disagrees can fk off. thats solid.

No, I said earlier it's bad design. If you want to believe otherwise, feel free. There's plenty in warzones right now that is bad design but not necessarily bugs or giving an advantage to one team or the other. There's plenty in warzones that needs to be fixed. See: resolve, stagnant meta, lack of root and snare DR etc. Something doesn't have to be a bug to be improved. I think Voidstar could be improved in part by fixing this because it is bad design.

people will complain about anything, the devs should not waste a second trying to fix this.

Apparently so :).

No, I said earlier it's bad design. If you want to believe otherwise, feel free. There's plenty in warzones right now that is bad design but not necessarily bugs or giving an advantage to one team or the other. There's plenty in warzones that needs to be fixed. See: resolve, stagnant meta, lack of root and snare DR etc. Something doesn't have to be a bug to be improved. I think Voidstar could be improved in part by fixing this because it is bad design.

Apparently so :).

all of the things which you list as "similar" actually have *massive* impacts on the game. a elevated platform that can only be reached by 1 class that provides more of a tactical disadvantage is hardly something the devs should concern themselves with.

all of the things which you list as "similar" actually have *massive* impacts on the game. a elevated platform that can only be reached by 1 class that provides more of a tactical disadvantage is hardly something the devs should concern themselves with.

I already said the effectiveness is not really a concern for me. I think they should fix all bad design if they can. I believe one way, you believe another. It's not that big of a deal. No harm done. Just a discussion forum.

We use that as a delay tactic on voidstar

either get a shadow or a slinger up there, when a side is in trouble either

- slinger drops down and puts incend grenade on the door and runs off, allowing 18 seconds (usually enough for people to get out of the spawn)

-shadow drops down in stealth and interupts the cap

its nice as you can instantly respond to either door

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.