The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Some intriguing suggestions

Elfa

1. Naming Tokens.

Name your pet, name your bike name your weapon, etc. Each token allows you to name one thing. When someone clicks on a speeder or pet or views your character, they can see it's name.

2. Planetary Quick Travel Pass.

Attainable at 50 and usable once a day due to it's 24 hour cooldown, you can choose from any planet as your destination and you travel straight to the closet QT point near the starting point.

3. Emergency GTN.

With a 6 hour cooldown and 3 minute time limit, it's just the thing to have if you need to hit the GTN on the fly in an op our just in the outback of a far off world.

4. Military Titles Pack.

If you like to run a serious rank and file guild, have everyone buy a pack of titles for their character that give 5 different rank titles, from Private to General.

• 1 month later...

I really like the ideas, the Military Title pack in particular. BUT there should be a Sith Title pack and a Jedi Title pack aswell. My guild's ranks are based on Sith Ranks, and I'd love to roll as "Emperor Sýon".

Just a thought ;)

I really like the ideas, the Military Title pack in particular. BUT there should be a Sith Title pack and a Jedi Title pack aswell. My guild's ranks are based on Sith Ranks, and I'd love to roll as "Emperor Sýon".

Just a thought ;)

That's a great idea and there's never a reason not to add something both useful and fun. ;)

Just thought of something much better:

A Blank title pack. That way you could simply type your desired title in. That would help with a guild I know where one of the ranks is "Iron Maiden".

Blank titles would rock but I doubt they would go that way because they wouldn't be able to sell separate ones anymore if you could just make your own. Plus there's censorship to think about.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a thought ;)

I thought about what you meant. Indeed, more titles could be helpful and many guilds choose to make theirs a little different than the norm.

The first idea sounds lovely. Especially pets would feel a more like, well, pets, if I could name them. It would be a pet my character has, named, takes care and loves, not just some random bunch of pixels that have decided to follow you.

See, I knew I wasn't the only person who though that exact way. Pets are very personal in real life and shouldn't be impersonal in-game. Edited by Elfa

1. Naming Tokens.

Name your pet, name your bike name your weapon, etc. Each token allows you to name one thing. When someone clicks on a speeder or pet or views your character, they can see it's name.

I honestly find it a bit lame to name your speeder and weapon. Although I do agree about the pet naming. I started playing a few weeks ago and when I found out about pets, I thought it was lame they don't do anything. Having the ability to give it a name and allowing others to see it, would be great.

2. Planetary Quick Travel Pass.

Attainable at 50 and usable once a day due to it's 24 hour cooldown, you can choose from any planet as your destination and you travel straight to the closet QT point near the starting point.

I don't mind the thought, but the fact its a 24 hour cooldown and obtainable at level 50 is terrible. If it was usable at any level with a cooldown of 8 hours (3 times a day), I would use it.

3. Emergency GTN.

With a 6 hour cooldown and 3 minute time limit, it's just the thing to have if you need to hit the GTN on the fly in an op our just in the outback of a far off world.

Again, I don't mind the thought, just some terrible times. I honestly would actually find it better if it was a Legacy unlock in Global > Others. The item would have a 4 hour cooldown (6 times a day) and would stay for 10 minutes or until you leave its area.

4. Military Titles Pack.

If you like to run a serious rank and file guild, have everyone buy a pack of titles for their character that give 5 different rank titles, from Private to General.

Firstly, the purpose your suggesting for wouldn't work out well unless its a paying customer only guild. Unless the items purpose is give all rank titles, randomly giving you 5 rank titles should be like giving 2 rank titles. Also, the next thing we need added with that idea in mind is a Force User Titles Pack which includes title ranks of Jedi's and Sith's.

Overall, thought of them is good. You just need to work on being more appropriate with the ideas explanations and giving it a fair chance. Suggesting something like the Planetary Travel pass being available at level 50 is being a bit selfish as if you want it limited to end-game users only.

• 2 weeks later...
I honestly find it a bit lame to name your speeder and weapon. Although I do agree about the pet naming. I started playing a few weeks ago and when I found out about pets, I thought it was lame they don't do anything. Having the ability to give it a name and allowing others to see it, would be great.

I don't mind the thought, but the fact its a 24 hour cooldown and obtainable at level 50 is terrible. If it was usable at any level with a cooldown of 8 hours (3 times a day), I would use it.

Again, I don't mind the thought, just some terrible times. I honestly would actually find it better if it was a Legacy unlock in Global > Others. The item would have a 4 hour cooldown (6 times a day) and would stay for 10 minutes or until you leave its area.

Firstly, the purpose your suggesting for wouldn't work out well unless its a paying customer only guild. Unless the items purpose is give all rank titles, randomly giving you 5 rank titles should be like giving 2 rank titles. Also, the next thing we need added with that idea in mind is a Force User Titles Pack which includes title ranks of Jedi's and Sith's.

Overall, thought of them is good. You just need to work on being more appropriate with the ideas explanations and giving it a fair chance. Suggesting something like the Planetary Travel pass being available at level 50 is being a bit selfish as if you want it limited to end-game users only.

Well, my times and levels given are in line with Bioware's current level and timing choices. That was the point. I prefer your suggestions far more, but Bioware is more likely to take the idea seriously if things don't sound so much like a gimme.