The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Sith Species as a Republic Trooper?

DarkoXek

A Pureblood Trooper would never be accepted for training or otherwise. Especially by a Republic military force that is perpetually at war with the Sith Empire.

Doesn't mean some players can't be absurd and do it.

I was accepted lol. I play a sith with daddy issues who was raised in the republic. Makes for some fun rp. Since making my pure blood commando I have only seen only 2 other sith troopers . Of course it's possible for a sith pb to be accepted into the rep military but highly unlikely. I would imagine they would have to be exceptionally skilled and work double overtime to prove their loyalty. If you see the rare pb trooper you know they went through hell and back. Once loyalty is earned their squadron will have their back for life. There are soldiers and there is everyone else. Once you are in the club you are in for life regardless of background.

Edited by DARTHOSIRUS

People think the sith are inheritly evil and the Republic is somehow beyond doing evil ?

Ofcourse a Sithpure blood could be in the republic army or a Jedi , it Swtor alone we see that is possible in the Jedi knight story !

When you read EU you understand the republic is not black and white .

After all the Darkside is still the force and Sith are apart of it like any other race .

To piggy back off this, who is probably the most well known/recognized Drow character in the Dungeons & Dragons mythos?

Drizzt Do'Urden

The photo negative of his race. Everything that his race is supposed to embody is actively battled by Drizzt. So yea, I can see a pureblood being a trooper or even a shop owner on Coruscant. That is the fun of going against type. You stand out. Hard and fast "rules" about a species or race should be discouraged. There can be generalities, but just like you have characters that go against type in other medium, you can here as well. Don't get bogged down my it. Don't be surprised to see a member of Yoda's race sitting on the Dark Council in some future expansion.

Depends on the upbringing.

You could say that back when you were an infant, your father, who was a Sith Lord, and pureblood like yourself, was carrying you on a transport ship on it's way to Korriban with about 20 imperial marines also on board. While in hyperspace on route to Korriban, the hyperdrive failed, and they were stranded, and what do you know, In republic space. A republic satellite picked up the ship, and Republic fighters scrambled to pick up the ship, but picked up no life signs on board. Turns out, your father, though evil, had a soft spot for you, and sacrificed all of the ships energy and life support to keep you alive in the pod he placed you in just before he decided to kill himself and everyone else. Since no life signs were on board, the Republic sent some Marines to board the ship with life support packsstraped to them, and what do they find, twentyof imperial soldiers, and one dead pure-blood on the ship. laying by your pod. the soldiers take your pod, and there you have it, you were raised by the military, and once you became old enough, you joined it, after a little bit of service, you were recruited by Havoc squad and sent to Ord Mantell.