Instead of Server Mergers..

Arijharn

Just a question for the powers that be, but given all the negative feedback in regards to the recent APAC announcement or even ambivalence (and relatively few indications of actual enthusiasm), how feasible would it be to provide cross server support for things like warzones or flashpoints etc, etc?

I am one of the APAC community but I can understand if a part of the reason for your decision is fiscal. However, there are many issues that lead to the current state in Australia and the Pacific that's a bit beyond the scope of this thread (and I'm hardly an expert), so I was wondering if not cross server support would help fix the solution and not unnecessarily antagonize the player base?

Cheers.

Cross server anything wouldn't really help. They are of the opinion that the current APAC population as a whole doesn't give enough to fulfil a single population, which is why they decided on the server merge to NA Servers. So Cross Server with just APAC servers wouldn't solve anything, because the population just isn't there. To top it off, Cross server with NA/EU would cause the same problems people are complaining about with ping etc. To get us all into the same shard/instance someone is going to have a horrible ping, and I guarantee it won't be NA players.

So even though I was initially an advocate for a single APAC server, I understand why they have chosen the path of server merges to NA.