The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Player views on Vanguard?

I just want to know how everyone how plays a Vanguard views the AC. I personally view the class as a Close-Quarters ranged fighter class. This is because of the abilities. they are very effective in the 10m or less but can also do decent damage between 30-10m.

So, how do you all view the Vanguard, and why?

I just want to know how everyone how plays a Vanguard views the AC. I personally view the class as a Close-Quarters ranged fighter class. This is because of the abilities. they are very effective in the 10m or less but can also do decent damage between 30-10m.

So, how do you all view the Vanguard, and why?

For those who are confused I mean that I view the Vanguard as more of a bridge between the pure melee classes and pure ranged classes. Same with the Consular Shadow/Inquisitor assassin/Bounty Hunter PT.

A (e.g. pyro) Vanguard doesn't really have any abilities that can hit at more than 10m other than hammer shot and high impact bolt. So, I very much view my vanguard as a close range, less than 10m only, character. That's why we have the grappling hook ability. :)

A (e.g. pyro) Vanguard doesn't really have any abilities that can hit at more than 10m other than hammer shot and high impact bolt. So, I very much view my vanguard as a close range, less than 10m only, character. That's why we have the grappling hook ability. :)

But they are still not a true melee class like the knight or warrior, whose every ability has to be right up in the enemy's face.

Close range =/= melee range (10m or less is not like have to be right up next to the guy to even use one ability).

the idea was more like The vanguard can be farther away from the target and still be effective, where as the melee classes HAVE to be 4m or less to be near as effective as the trooper, thus Close-quarters ranged class (Not as far as true ranged classes, but more effective at a farther range than a melee class).

Edited by stormdrakelord

Vans/BH are the best target switching AC's in the game by far for PvP. HiB, SG, FA, MR ,Hammer shot, ER all hit @ 30m. Even tho I rarely if ever use ER. I can burn multiple targets down faster with this class than other. (single target my scoundrel is still the best with crits) Even if im rooted I can do signifigent damage at range and with only SS needing to be closer than 10m you can't pretty much out kite any other class. AoE stun which is a bit OP imo gives you excellent CC and utility.