Why are Armor Designs removed from the game?

Swissbob

they remove it for exclusivity for ppl who were here since day 1 and I personally think it should stay that way. give the ppl who have always supported the game some love.

You can still shout from the highest point in either fleet that you have an ARTIFACT grade Tionese, Columi, Rakata armor set, unlike the little people, who can only a use similar adaptive version.

In the end though, I doubt most people will even care.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can still shout from the highest point in either fleet that you have an ARTIFACT grade Tionese, Columi, Rakata armor set, unlike the little people, who can only a use similar adaptive version.

I still have Tionese, Columi and Rakata gear and I wouldn't care if they made adaptive versions because I want the Agent chest for my Shadow since it it would be perfect for His Garrett Hawke Mage Champion look.

and that's the sad part. ppl just want to get stuff without working for it.

I still have Tionese, Columi and Rakata gear and I wouldn't care if they made adaptive versions because I want the Agent chest for my Shadow since it it would be perfect for His Garrett Hawke Mage Champion look.

Agreed. I for one always wanted the Columi Eliminator armor set on my Mercenary. Now I can. :D

and that's the sad part. ppl just want to get stuff without working for it.

It's a game. It's supposed to be fun.

Those armor sets were never that difficult to obtain to begin with, except for the Rakata shells when the game was first released.

THIS is something...

http://tor-fashion.com/crest-of-the-dread-master/

That truly requires some serious hard work, not to mention team work.

Agreed. I for one always wanted the Columi Eliminator armor set on my Mercenary. Now I can. :D

It's a game. It's supposed to be fun.

Those armor sets were never that difficult to obtain to begin with, except for the Rakata shells when the game was first released.

THIS is something...

http://tor-fashion.com/crest-of-the-dread-master/

That truly requires some serious hard work, not to mention team work.

well in regards to the tionese it was for ppl who were loyal since launch (atleast how I saw it) and now u have ppl who are like "oooh I want that but I wasn't here so that's not fair. ppl should cater to my wants" and that's just dumb. now in regards to the CotDM yea I agree that's something worth working towards. "Hopefully" they wont make a CC version of that as well....tho they probly will.

well in regards to the tionese it was for ppl who were loyal since launch (atleast how I saw it) and now u have ppl who are like "oooh I want that but I wasn't here so that's not fair. ppl should cater to my wants" and that's just dumb. now in regards to the CotDM yea I agree that's something worth working towards. "Hopefully" they wont make a CC version of that as well....tho they probly will.

COTDM aside since it's still in-game and requires effort to obtain.

Please tell us why they shouldn't re-add these armors and expand character looks.

You saw it wrong.

Anyone who played this game from its original release to April 2013(!!!) could obtain Tionese, Columi and Rakata shells for their characters. How does that automatically translate into any semblance of "loyalty"?

Also, they haven't included any NiM mounts or drops in the Cartel Market before, so there's no reason to assume they will start now.

Please tell us why they shouldn't re-add these armors and expand character looks.

I'd prefer Bioware to explain why they removed them to begin with, assuming their original goal was to reintroduce them through the Cartel Market.

Again, I'm referring to the shells themselves ONLY.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

You saw it wrong.

Anyone who played this game from its original release to April 2013(!!!) could obtain Tionese, Columi and Rakata shells for their characters. How does that automatically translate into any semblance of "loyalty"?

Also, they haven't included any NiM mounts or drops in the Cartel Market before, so there's no reason to assume they will start now.

I'd prefer Bioware to explain why they removed them to begin with, assuming their original goal was to reintroduce them through the Cartel Market.

loyalty as I meant it in that post was ppl who played since day 1 (or since those models were available) and I wouldn't be surprised they do add NiM mounts in cartel market. they already add the rancor even if its a variant. and numerous mounts that were retired (correalis) so its def in the realm of possibility. probly not now but most likely later. and their goal originally I believed was to make gear limited. but QQing changed their plans.

You saw it wrong.

I for one hope they return as adaptive because Like I mentioned in this thread or the other, I want the agent look for my Shadow.

loyalty as I meant it in that post was ppl who played since day 1 (or since those models were available) and I wouldn't be surprised they do add NiM mounts in cartel market. they already add the rancor even if its a variant. and numerous mounts that were retired (correalis) so its def in the realm of possibility. probly not now but most likely later. and their goal originally I believed was to make gear limited. but QQing changed their plans.

The Korrealis' were never a NiM drop I believe and the Rancor reward for PvP players will remain exclusive, as far as that specific variant is concerned.

PvP players can still brag(!!!) all they want over the fact they were the very first players to get a Rancor mount in this game.

Regardless, your logic is still flawed: People could have started playing this game in early January 2013, hit the level cap with a character and obtain Tionese, Columi and Rakata Shells.

Between January and April 2013.

The game was released in December 2011(!!!).

Your definition of "loyalty" is rather vague, crude.

oh but to answer ur question its because they were already here once. if they want to expand looks make new gear not re-introduce tweaked version of old ones.

The Korrealis' were never a NiM drop I believe and the Rancor reward for PvP players will remain exclusive, as far as that specific variant is concerned.

PvP players can still brag(!!!) all they want over the fact they were the very first players to get a Rancor mount in this game.

Regardless, your logic is still flawed: People could have started playing this game in early January 2013, hit the level cap with a character and obtain Tionese, Columi and Rakata Shells.

Between January and April 2013.

The game was released in December 2011(!!!).

Your definition of "loyalty" is rather vague, crude.

u missed my point. ppl who have been playing the game for some time know the gear was here. so ppl who want it now should've been here when it was available. now cry to get it in CM cuz they didn't play the game back then.

u missed my point. ppl who have been playing the game for some time know the gear was here. so ppl who want it now should've been here when it was available. now cry to get it in CM cuz they didn't play the game back then.

You make it almost sound like not playing this game since launch is a crime; Seriously...

Plus like I mentioned earlier, you can still shout from the highest peak on Alderaan or Belsavis that your shells are ARTIFACT grade, which means you were around during the first year and a half following the game's launch.

The stuff that is going to be released in the CM is adaptive and orange, NOT artifact grade.

You make it almost sound like not playing this game since launch is a crime; Seriously...

Plus like I mentioned earlier, you can still shout from the highest peak on Alderaan or Belsavis that your shells are ARTIFACT grade, which means you were around during the first year and a half following the game's launch.

The stuff that is going to be released in the CM is adaptive and orange, NOT artifact grade.

I could care less about the color of the gear, so what? ooh mines purple and urs is orange... its the fact that they are bringin them back in the first place.

Edited by DarthAeonis

Some pictures from the collections interface were datamined and posted on reddit.

It was also posted here but the links were removed (except... not, if you hurry :p).

Thanks! :D This looks really promising! Assuming these are credible, this looks promising as it brings back a large quantity of what's requested, and bodes well for the rest of the missing designs.

If these all come back in to the game, I guess the answer the my original question turns out to be the Cartel Market after all (as many predicted).