Why are Armor Designs removed from the game?

Swissbob

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shouldnt we rather post this in the suggestion-box ? dunno

we have still no response at all...

What other response you need, on top of Bioware removing armor from the game? Isn`t it clear that there is a conscious decision behind it?

Logically and from observing the past, it is clear they are selling almost identical old or repainted armors, on top of new armors with new mods. It is either because they are THAT bad and they need to recycle old sets, or they want to retire bad designs. Either way, it IS a conscious decision.

Edited by Styxx

since they dont remove the armors by accident, it should be clear there is a conscious decision behind it.

but they've been removing armors since 1.2 and long before f2p was an option. sure, they already might have been considering to bring the cartel market or smth similar or they might even knew SWTOR is going to be f2p soon after release but i doubt the main reason removing skins was ever to bring them back in the CM in order to make profit.

lets take the old battlemaster gear. the reason they added crafting recipes for it was obviously people can put augments into their BM shells. i doubt the reason for removing BM was ever to add it into the CM in the future.

2.7 is almost online and we know the current pvp armor for example is going to be removed either.

imho the "conscious decision" is just a matter of biowares gamedesign to keep the game kinda fresh and give people a reason to continue grinding.

Edited by Phearz

imho the "conscious decision" is just a matter of biowares gamedesign to keep the game kinda fresh and give people a reason to continue grinding.

I totally understand why they remove armor from the grinding process, but that's not what we're talking about.

The question is why do they then also remove the armor designs from the game, and not keep them in the game in the form of empty shells, schematics of empty shells, or even Cartel items or the other options people have proposed.

thats why i suggested to post this into the suggestions box or the CM suggestions box.

dunno if they read this thread, or even the numerous other threads about this topic, but a response from one of the devs would be much appreciated. i mean - if they're like "guys, its against our philosophy to bring back removed armors " - i'd know that i have to deal with it and would stop hoping u know

thats why i suggested to post this into the suggestions box or the CM suggestions box.

dunno if they read this thread, or even the numerous other threads about this topic, but a response from one of the devs would be much appreciated. i mean - if they're like "guys, its against our philosophy to bring back removed armors " - i'd know that i have to deal with it and would stop hoping u know

Yeah, the reason I don't want it to be in the suggestions box is because there is very little traffic there, both Dev traffic and normal traffic. In General Discussion, where more players read/reply, this thread will get more traffic/responses then it would in the suggestion box, and more traffic and replies increases the chance of a Bioware response. And the fact that, although there are several suggestions from people within the thread, the actual subject/title of the thread isn't an actual suggestion, just a question. :p

However, I'm guessing at this point there won't be a response, because this thread has been here for over a year, and if they are going to ever see this thread they should've already seen it, and if they didn't reply then, they probably won't reply in the future. :(

And the "It's against our philosophy" answer that you provided apparently is their actual answer, since they mostly aren't back in the game. However, I would like to know why that is their answer, (hence the thread title) because to me, it doesn't make sense. :)

And the "It's against our philosophy" answer that you provided apparently is their actual answer, since they mostly aren't back in the game. However, I would like to know why that is their answer, (hence the thread title) because to me, it doesn't make sense. :)

i guess you're right but as long as none of the devs responses i still got some hope. i mean it's ridiculous. there is a huge playerbase which begs for brining back those skins/shells and is willing to pay for it. additionally those skins has already been made! i mean - it's not like we want to have multiple skins from any certain movie or book nor do we want anyone to design anything new.

those armors exist!

they should just give players the possibility to get them in any way, what ever it might be. reputation, legacy, pvp, pve, cartel market, who cares. at least we can get it someday.

please :(

Edited by Phearz

• 3 weeks later...

I would think the main reason for removing them is to make room for newer items.

For every piece of armor in the game, they have to have a copy of it for every race

that can use it, as well as both male and female. That takes up a lot of room.

I would think the main reason for removing them is to make room for newer items.

For every piece of armor in the game, they have to have a copy of it for every race

that can use it, as well as both male and female. That takes up a lot of room.

What do you mean, "room"?

You don't see old content get ripped out of the game when new content is added in most other aspects of the game. When a new Warzone comes out, an old one doesn't leave. When a new Operation is added, an old one isn't taken out. When a new planet is added, an old one isn't taken out. Etc. Etc.

Looks like a batch of Tionese and Battlemaster sets are making their comeback in future cartel market packs. :cool:

Tionese agent, smuggler, warrior & BH

Battlemaster knight, sorcerer & trooper

Edited by Loc_n_lol

I want the white battlemaster gear for JC from when the game came out (white cape with feathers). I PvP'd until I could get it and lost my account. My shadow wants that armor again. I want that armor again. Edited by AlaricSevGirl

Looks like a batch of Tionese and Battlemaster sets are making their comeback in future cartel market packs. :cool:

Tionese agent, smuggler, warrior & BH

Battlemaster knight, sorcerer & trooper

Really? Where'd you learn this?

Edited by Swissbob

You can see for yourself. One of the Exposed sets is the old Marauder PvP gear - the red one, with hood up, midriff naked and big spikes on shoulders.

Aha - found it! http://tor-fashion.com/exposed-extrovert/

Oh well yeah, I knew that one piece existed. That doesn't answer for the other 6 full sets he mentioned.

And as for the Exposed set, while I was interested in it's, it's hardly a substitute. I don't want my Marauder to have his midriff showing... :D

I mean.... I guess it's better than nothing.... but we're really just grabbing at the scraps at this point.

Yeah, they absolutely need to make *EVERY* armor and weapon designs in the entire game accessible, through some means. For example, I *LOVE* the Inquisitor's Battlemaster armor, but they removed the matching Belt, which really made the set look awesome (and can players even craft that gear anymore, or were the plans removed, too?).