People losing PVP all the time

SpacemanR

Hello. I currently have a bounty hunter powertech on the server Prophey of the Five and I have just finished DK and got my ship. I am at level 21 and I thought that I would try some pvp. It's really fun, although I get creamed mostly all the time and I can deal with that, but there is something that seems to bother me. I cannot find a group, so I solo queue for pvp and I click on enter when the right dialog box comes up. The players that I am teamed up with when I go solo always lose pvp and I don't know why. I mean, I can understand if they lost maybe 50% of the matches or maybe even 80% but no matter what people I am teamed up with, we always lose 100% of the matches. Sometimes the people in my group will be level 40 or 39. I checked one time and one person was 1 level below 50 who was on our team, but we always still seem to lose 100% of the time and I am wondering if I should choose a different server and start my whole story all over again? I am torn between this because:

1. My level is currently 21 and I am so far in my story, further then I have ever been before. (I've made a couple pt bounty hunters on hutta, but deleted them because I felt something was missing) please don't ask me what.

2. As mentioned before, I'll have to start all over, but perhaps I might get a server where my team would lose and win matches more equaly. Example would be maybe 50-50, 70-30, but not 100-0 no wins and all losses.

3. Also, even though this reason doesn't have anything to do with pvp, I read on another swtor form that one of the ways to make money is to sell mats and maybe slicing.

What do you guys think? Should I keep things the way they are or should I proceed to pack up and move to another server?

a. If you are grouped with same people all the time, wait for a while before requeueing, you should get different people who may win.

b. If you get a lose after lose, log off for a few hours and come back and it may change.

c. If the imps of your server are just so horrible that they lose all the time, roll a republic character.

If I get a lot of loses, one of the above usually helps.

Spec into the Pyro tree and keep leveling :D

Then commence the facerolling once you get Prototype Particle Accelerator. Also make sure you are always up to date on your gear. Getting the PvP level 20 gear would be a start, but just having greens @ your current level is enough for the bolster to kick in.

Don't be alarmed by the losses, it happens. Just move on and whisper people every now and then if they would like to group up or not.

I wouldn't waste comms on the sub-50 PvP gear when you can buy gear on the market that is just as good. Get med packs if you're topped off in comms. They go a hell of a long way more per comm than armor you will outlevel quickly. but yes; stay geared, and look inward before you look outward.

I've been on POT5 for a while, on the pub side. I just recently rolled an imp toon and started PvPing there. An interesting thing I noticed is that imps have a LOT more same faction matches. I don't have statistics or anything, but it's been quite common (for me) to be in an imp vs imp match - way more likely than a pub vs. pub match. So that's just to say it's not likely that a 100% loss rate is because all imps are bad. :D

But I'd say you just got a string of bad luck. My imp is currently lvl 18, and I've been leveling via solo-queue PUG PvP since 12 (curse bonus XP weekends, where you end up way above the expected level just getting off the first planet). I've gotten plenty of wins (and plenty of losses). And I'm not, by any means, a top of the line player, so while I like to think I contributed, I know those wins are not all due just to my wonderful presence in the WZ. :)

I wouldn't waste comms on the sub-50 PvP gear when you can buy gear on the market that is just as good. Get med packs if you're topped off in comms. They go a hell of a long way more per comm than armor you will outlevel quickly. but yes; stay geared, and look inward before you look outward.

I get the lvl 20 "PvP" gear just because I have so many comms anyway (even staying stocked with med packs and stims). And exclusive PvPing doesn't pay the bills so to speak. I've not been able to earn enough from PvPing to keep geared using GTN, for example. I tried to do that with mod-able gear and buying mods, but they are sooooo expensive (blues). But maybe I'm doing it wrong? Yes, I could send credits from one of my higher level toons - but I figured, as first sentence says, I have all these comms anyway. And it sounds like the original poster doesn't have a higher level "main" sugar daddy sitting around to fund their PvP habit. :)

Spec into the Pyro tree and keep leveling :D

Then commence the facerolling once you get Prototype Particle Accelerator. Also make sure you are always up to date on your gear. Getting the PvP level 20 gear would be a start, but just having greens @ your current level is enough for the bolster to kick in.

Don't be alarmed by the losses, it happens. Just move on and whisper people every now and then if they would like to group up or not.

Well I'm going up the shield tech tree because I wish to try to have a lot of survivability, sorry if I spelled it wrong. Although I'm not very sure how much having shields helps. I have shields mainly because I don't have any defense right now.

I get the lvl 20 "PvP" gear just because I have so many comms anyway (even staying stocked with med packs and stims). And exclusive PvPing doesn't pay the bills so to speak. I've not been able to earn enough from PvPing to keep geared using GTN, for example. I tried to do that with mod-able gear and buying mods, but they are sooooo expensive (blues). But maybe I'm doing it wrong? Yes, I could send credits from one of my higher level toons - but I figured, as first sentence says, I have all these comms anyway. And it sounds like the original poster doesn't have a higher level "main" sugar daddy sitting around to fund their PvP habit. :)

It does get pricey. Especially when its double XP weekend and you are leveling more than what you are earning even if you are running quests. I know I dumped about 1-1.5 million from my 50s to level an alt and I didn't even buy the best stuff. Just the cheapest that would at least keep me up to level.

Well I'm going up the shield tech tree because I wish to try to have a lot of survivability, sorry if I spelled it wrong. Although I'm not very sure how much having shields helps. I have shields mainly because I don't have any defense right now.

Shield Tech tree is for tanking. Without a capable healer and proper gear, you still won't be able to "survive" in PvP. Forget playing defense and play the pyro tree, trust me everyone else on your team will enjoy that you did and you will be amazed at your rail shot killing techniques :D

As it stands for 50s PvP tanking on a PT is still not very viable (doable, but not viable). This may change for 2.0, but right now Pyro tree is too awesome of the DPS tree to pass up.

Dat Rail Shot...

Edited by j-cart

Shield Tech tree is for tanking. Without a capable healer and proper gear, you still won't be able to "survive" in PvP. Forget playing defense and play the pyro tree, trust me everyone else on your team will enjoy that you did and you will be amazed at your rail shot killing techniques :D

As it stands for 50s PvP tanking on a PT is still not very viable (doable, but not viable). This may change for 2.0, but right now Pyro tree is too awesome of the DPS tree to pass up.

Dat Rail Shot...

^ This. As it stands now your best defense is killing people first. Pyro's good for it. This reminds me to dust off my PT.... Lighting opponents on fire is fun.

Edited by Joesixxpack

^ This. As it stands now your best defense is killing people first. Pyro's good for it. This reminds me to dust off my PT.... Lighting opponents on fire is fun.

Since Pyro tree is for very close up, do you think that perhaps I should go for avanced pyrotech since it will allow me to keep some distance?

Since Pyro tree is for very close up, do you think that perhaps I should go for avanced pyrotech since it will allow me to keep some distance?

No worries about distance, you will be getting an ability called "Grapple" that allows you to pull enemies closer to you. Plus rail shot is a 30m attack, not to mention that the "P" in PT mean "PyroTech" :D

You can spec into AP if you want, it is has the same up close properties as the Pyro class, but instead of the main damage skill being Rail Shot (30m), it will be Retractable Blade, which is a melee attack (4m).

As it stands, Pyrotechs can be hardest hitting burst DPS advance class in the game when played correctly. Where they lack in defensive and survive-ability they make up in their ability to stack huge amounts of burst damage. As it stands for PvP, they are focus target number one because of their ability to royally ruin a person's day.

Try it out and keep leveling, you might enjoy killing too much :D

Hello. I currently have a bounty hunter powertech on the server Prophey of the Five and I have just finished DK and got my ship. I am at level 21 and I thought that I would try some pvp. It's really fun, although I get creamed mostly all the time and I can deal with that, but there is something that seems to bother me. I cannot find a group, so I solo queue for pvp and I click on enter when the right dialog box comes up. The players that I am teamed up with when I go solo always lose pvp and I don't know why. I mean, I can understand if they lost maybe 50% of the matches or maybe even 80% but no matter what people I am teamed up with, we always lose 100% of the matches. Sometimes the people in my group will be level 40 or 39. I checked one time and one person was 1 level below 50 who was on our team, but we always still seem to lose 100% of the time and I am wondering if I should choose a different server and start my whole story all over again? I am torn between this because:

1. My level is currently 21 and I am so far in my story, further then I have ever been before. (I've made a couple pt bounty hunters on hutta, but deleted them because I felt something was missing) please don't ask me what.

2. As mentioned before, I'll have to start all over, but perhaps I might get a server where my team would lose and win matches more equaly. Example would be maybe 50-50, 70-30, but not 100-0 no wins and all losses.

3. Also, even though this reason doesn't have anything to do with pvp, I read on another swtor form that one of the ways to make money is to sell mats and maybe slicing.

What do you guys think? Should I keep things the way they are or should I proceed to pack up and move to another server?

DUDE. IMPS ALWAYS WIN. i played like 50 games of pvp and the imps are so op against the republic

No worries about distance, you will be getting an ability called "Grapple" that allows you to pull enemies closer to you. Plus rail shot is a 30m attack, not to mention that the "P" in PT mean "PyroTech" :D

You can spec into AP if you want, it is has the same up close properties as the Pyro class, but instead of the main damage skill being Rail Shot (30m), it will be Retractable Blade, which is a melee attack (4m).

As it stands, Pyrotechs can be hardest hitting burst DPS advance class in the game when played correctly. Where they lack in defensive and survive-ability they make up in their ability to stack huge amounts of burst damage. As it stands for PvP, they are focus target number one because of their ability to royally ruin a person's day.

Try it out and keep leveling, you might enjoy killing too much :D

Even if I stick to one tree, such as the pyro tree, I notice that in some of the other trees, there is at least one ability that increases damage for combustible gas cylinders. if while I am doing pyro, if I want to do the most damage with my cgs and rail shot, should I also get the ability in the ohter tree that allows it to get even stronger or would it be better just to leave it alone?

Even if I stick to one tree, such as the pyro tree, I notice that in some of the other trees, there is at least one ability that increases damage for combustible gas cylinders. if while I am doing pyro, if I want to do the most damage with my cgs and rail shot, should I also get the ability in the ohter tree that allows it to get even stronger or would it be better just to leave it alone?

Thinking too far head, but I like your initiative. You will be able to max out your main tree with 31 points and the rest will be place to maximize those abilities in your main tree. You are far too low of a level to be tree splitting right now, just enjoy playing Pyro PT :D

Well if it's 100% of the time maybe its you?. Are you running around just using rapid shots?

no, I don't even have a move called powershots, at least not yet. As a low level, I try to hang back, but in the last couple of games, I ran full force for the objectives and ended up getting slaughtered all the time.

Darn people surrounding me like a bunch of zerg. Come on people, this isn't starcraft.

Edited by SpacemanR
misspell.

no, I don't even have a move called powershots, at least not yet. As a low level, I try to hang back, but in the last couple of games, I ran full force for the objectives and ended up getting slaughtered all the time.

Darn people surrounding me like a bunch of zerg. Come on people, this isn't starcraft.

That's probably because you ran directly for the objectives first thing (as you said). In my experience (others may find differently, of course) at the beginning of the match a lot of people tend to just target the first "red" they see, and you made yourself the first red. Hanging back a bit is good for survival. :D On the other hand, hanging back too much can be bad - for example, I've seen my entire team (including myself) get caught by a flash bang - cc break - second flash bang while still standing on that first ledge in VS waiting to see which direction the attackers are going to go. Then they plant easily while we were all stunned. Now I always pick a side and drop down right away.

Well if it's 100% of the time maybe its you?. Are you running around just using rapid shots?

I WISH people would run around just using rapid shots in most games.

There was a Warzone Vid by Cates the guardian I saw on here. He posted it like it was good. Then some Euro Ralphdole relisted it like it was good a 2nd time.

It was AWFUL.

Cates the Guardian DID NOTHING FOR SEVERAL GCD's WORTH OF TIME. It was just Idle. He could have done something, but instead he often did NOTHING.

It makes me rage on how awful it was. All that wasted time. GCD's worth of time doing nothing.

I'd paypal people if they would just use their gametime in warzones doing SOMETHING. I pray that people on my team at least do Rapid Shots.

EDIT:

Here I found the vid:

Just go ahead and go to the 2:05 mark. Just watch in Horror all the wasted time inbetween his GCD's. He could be doing action, but instead does outright nothing. That warzone was a close warzone, and it never should have been if Cates would have just preformed actions.

This is what people are doing in warzones on your side. They have 5.7 seconds GCD response time. Again, I'd paypal people to just spam rapid shots in warzones.

Edited by KettleBelll

you don't know why you are losing? You mean you don't know why you have 'defeat' at end screen or you don't know why you are getting steam rolled?

Read up on tactics for warzones over the internet, maybe it's you :confused: (not being mean here)

other then that, all have been said, wait 10 mins after a lost game, to get different team. maybe it's just bad hour.

On server I play, some nights imps are just.. well.... uhh... it usualy ends after 3 hours, and then next day, we all play like 8 man premade facing .. well those who played on my side last night.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.