Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Shotgun at my side

Illyean

I know it's been said a hundred times before but for the love of God put my damn shotgun on my character and stop him pulling it out of his a... the air. So many of these silly mistakes in game it gets so annoying to see them after all this time. My trooper regularly pulls a blaster pistol off his side in story cut scenes, a blaster he cant equip and has never equipped, he uses a fecking great canon.

Well.. if you're looking for realistic, you might be in the wrong place. After all, Star Wars is fiction.

That being said, yes the game is thriving with bugs and graphical errors, but those are all small things that can be ignored if you look the other way ;)

Well.. if you're looking for realistic, you might be in the wrong place. After all, Star Wars is fiction.

That being said, yes the game is thriving with bugs and graphical errors, but those are all small things that can be ignored if you look the other way ;)

of course they can be ignored, but they can also be fixed and without very much effort either.

I agree, though rather on his side, like a GS, I would rather it slung under his right armpit.

These little 'bugs/lack of detail' are quite irritating though. Much like the operative in every cut scene has a pistol by their side and they pull out this imaginary pistol that they don't even use.

if you want your shotgun as visable as your pistol you better let agents get their knife as well...though i dont think the agents would like that those knivies look as big as a vibrosword and NOT very stealthy

perfectly fair point, I think there is a graphical difference in the model the player uses and has visible and the model shown in the animations though, the small shiv needs to be something obvious sticking out of the poor fecker who just got done :) that said maybe a toggle to display or not would be useful

I agree, though rather on his side, like a GS, I would rather it slung under his right armpit.

These little 'bugs/lack of detail' are quite irritating though. Much like the operative in every cut scene has a pistol by their side and they pull out this imaginary pistol that they don't even use.

That sounds exactly like the trooper pistol then, separated at birth perhaps ;)

It'd be nice, but it's mostly a shorthand to help them have to deal with fewer animation issues. No shotgun=not having to worry about clipping issues that far down on the left side (think of all those capes, etc., and even if there are current bugs, it'd be even more annoying with a big shotgun on the leg). The cutscene stuff is the same. All the trooper cutscenes are the same, whether you're commando or vanguard, hence the pistol. My Gunslinger dual wields, but only uses one pistol to match up with the Scoundrel stuff.

Would it be nice if they worked on this? Yes, but... they don't necessarily do well with what they do have, and they don't even have a tailor in this game (which is pretty sad to me). I'd rather a tailor than extra fluff to cutscenes that I can roll with.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.