The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

2.0 Powertech Pyrotech Guide

BigjoeHoe

NOTE: If there are any class changes when 2.0 drops i will update videos ASAP

Hello everyone i'm a big PvEer and i'm very good at my DPS role i spend most of my time raiding and bettering myself as a player so i also notice that a lot of people could just use a Good PvE DPS Guide to there class so please check out my YouTube Channel and see your Main toons video and check videos for your Alt also, i hope my videos help everyone and for the Hardcore players i hope my videos can also better yourself.

Also too i'm not a up tight butthole i'm open to new things if you like me to try something leave a comment on my channel PLEASE Like my videos and sub More SWTOR Videos coming soon.

Please no Trolls

Few things I'm noticing:

1) You're using Rocket Punch following a proc'd railshot. You should save Rocket Punch to proc a rail shot. Better heat managment, higher DPS :)

2) When Incendiary Missile falls off, you want to re-apply it as soon as your heat allows (typically after a free rail shot)

3) Gotta disagree with you on using full Pyro for PVE. When the PTS was up, I was doing around 30-40 more DPS still by dropping TD from my build.

Few things I'm noticing:

1) You're using Rocket Punch following a proc'd railshot. You should save Rocket Punch to proc a rail shot. Better heat managment, higher DPS :)

2) When Incendiary Missile falls off, you want to re-apply it as soon as your heat allows (typically after a free rail shot)

3) Gotta disagree with you on using full Pyro for PVE. When the PTS was up, I was doing around 30-40 more DPS still by dropping TD from my build.

Responding in said order

1- Yes i can see how that would be better heat management i found not have much of a problem with heat after my first vent heat (thank the Tor god for that)

2- With the TD having a DoT on it now i found it better to just reapply Incendiary Missie when you have Thermal Sensor Up for the free missile

3- Before when everyone was doing 21/28 i was pulling crazy amounts of Damage/DPS but after the redesign to TD i tried the full Pryo spec and i pulled around 75 more DPS and 100k More Damage over 4 minutes on the Training dummy and with that test 75 More dps and 100k more damage is not just from a few more crits,(it cant be since no one's running crit anymore)

When 2.0 drops if they haven't made any class change try out my spec and i might even take your #1 comment into consideration. The only thing is for the times RP don't Proc the Rail Shot your stuck doing that.

Responding in said order

1- Yes i can see how that would be better heat management i found not have much of a problem with heat after my first vent heat (thank the Tor god for that)

2- With the TD having a DoT on it now i found it better to just reapply Incendiary Missie when you have Thermal Sensor Up for the free missile

3- Before when everyone was doing 21/28 i was pulling crazy amounts of Damage/DPS but after the redesign to TD i tried the full Pryo spec and i pulled around 75 more DPS and 100k More Damage over 4 minutes on the Training dummy and with that test 75 More dps and 100k more damage is not just from a few more crits,(it cant be since no one's running crit anymore)

When 2.0 drops if they haven't made any class change try out my spec and i might even take your #1 comment into consideration. The only thing is for the times RP don't Proc the Rail Shot your stuck doing that.

Please don't make guides for a class you clearly do not know how to play. The last thing this game community needs is more misinformation.

1. Anyone who has played the powertech knows that rocket punch should be saved for proc'ing rail shot. Its the most basic rule of playing the spec. It's not just the heat management. More railshot procs means more damage. Railshot is your hardest hitting ability.

2. That makes no sense and is just BS. I don't even know how to properly respond to that. What the hell does TD having a dot have to do with reapplying incendiary missile? Do you even realize that they are separate dots? Again, anyone who has played the spec effectively knows that you should refresh incendiary missile every chance you get in the 6 sec window in between railshot procs.

3. First of all, there were 3 hybrid specs. One took charged gauntlets from the AP tree. Another took prototype flamethrower + CG. The last is more of a semi-hybrid taking the buffs to your core abilities in the shield tech tree, AP tree, and going up to the pyro tree with the remaining points. The first was removed do to the recent patch. The second is still around but without CG, and is parsing higher than any other powertech build on the dummy. The latter is the best powertech spec on live, and every competent player is finding that going no TD pyro is better than going full pyro.

This proves that anyone with the means of recording can get on youtube. You don't have to know a damn thing about what you are talking about.

Edited by bbare

Please don't make guides for a class you clearly do not know how to play. The last thing this game community needs is more misinformation.

1. Anyone who has played the powertech knows that rocket punch should be saved for proc'ing rail shot. Its the most basic rule of playing the spec. It's not just the heat management. More railshot procs means more damage. Railshot is your hardest hitting ability.

2. That makes no sense and is just BS. I don't even know how to properly respond to that. What the hell does TD having a dot have to do with reapplying incendiary missile? Do you even realize that they are separate dots? Again, anyone who has played the spec effectively knows that you should refresh incendiary missile every chance you get in the 6 sec window in between railshot procs.

3. First of all, there were 3 hybrid specs. One took charged gauntlets from the AP tree. Another took prototype flamethrower + CG. The last is more of a semi-hybrid taking the buffs to your core abilities in the shield tech tree, AP tree, and going up to the pyro tree with the remaining points. The first was removed do to the recent patch. The second is still around but without CG, and is parsing higher than any other powertech build on the dummy. The latter is the best powertech spec on live, and every competent player is finding that going no TD pyro is better than going full pyro.

This proves that anyone with the means of recording can get on youtube. You don't have to know a damn thing about what you are talking about.

I have a basic mind set on playing class's and i made all these videos because im tried of all the crappy player's out there all my guides is just a basic rule of thumb of what people should be doing and i posted it on forums so people could see and add onto it if they like or make changes.

Having said that a i hate PT DPS its no skill needed to pull good numbers i always say if you want a easy DPS class to play start here i never recommend unless there bad players. So there's is a few things you can do spec wise with this class i'am just showing one way go ahead and make your video if you think you can do better, insted of being a jerk contribute something useful

1. Yes pretty much 90% of my procs are off of Flame burst but with a personal view of having ****** luck and dont like the idea of class's dps based of o procs i changed it up and try to get FB to proc my Rail shot and if the timing works out then yeah it will proc off of RP but if it does not you **** outa luck.

2. With going full pryo the Added added Skill to your rotation (TD) makes heat funky there's no need to throw incendiary Missie in the rotation for a added DoT and screw up your heat to no end, your getting the 2nd DoT from the TD.

3.Like i said contribute with out being ***** here Post your own PT guide and show off your spec maybe other people will like it better.

I have a basic mind set on playing class's and i made all these videos because im tried of all the crappy player's out there all my guides is just a basic rule of thumb of what people should be doing and i posted it on forums so people could see and add onto it if they like or make changes.

Having said that a i hate PT DPS its no skill needed to pull good numbers i always say if you want a easy DPS class to play start here i never recommend unless there bad players. So there's is a few things you can do spec wise with this class i'am just showing one way go ahead and make your video if you think you can do better, insted of being a jerk contribute something useful

1. Yes pretty much 90% of my procs are off of Flame burst but with a personal view of having ****** luck and dont like the idea of class's dps based of o procs i changed it up and try to get FB to proc my Rail shot and if the timing works out then yeah it will proc off of RP but if it does not you **** outa luck.

2. With going full pryo the Added added Skill to your rotation (TD) makes heat funky there's no need to throw incendiary Missie in the rotation for a added DoT and screw up your heat to no end, your getting the 2nd DoT from the TD.

3.Like i said contribute with out being ***** here Post your own PT guide and show off your spec maybe other people will like it better.

1. You claim the spec is too easy, but you aren't even playing correctly. Ask any powertech about proper use of incendiary missile and rocket punch and you would find they will tell you to keep up incendiary as much as possible and rocket punch should only be used to proc railshot.

2. You are having problems with heat management, because you aren't using rocket punch to proc rail shot. No wonder why you can't refresh incendiary, you are using rocket punch incorrectly thus resulting in less rail shots.

3. Why would you want to use FB as a primary source of proc'ing railshot if you are not a fan of RNG? Rocket punch has a 60% chance to proc, FB has a 45% chance. I really don't understand your logic or lack there of.

4. I have contributed far more to the powertech community than you have. I've posted a few guides, uploaded my parses on the PTS threat, one of which was the highest pyro parse right up until the nerf. I'm not trying to be a jerk. I'm telling you that you have no idea how to play the spec properly, and it is better off for the community for you to not post this guide, because it will spread misinformation. I'm done arguing here. I'm really not going to continue trying to make my case, when you won't concede that you have obvious flaws in your rotation.

Here is a guide I wrote a month ago. Its for an obsolete build, but just take out all the AP talents you can't get now and it is a good guide for pyro.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=604975

Edited by bbare

1. Y. claim the spec is too easy, but you aren't even playing correctly. Ask any powertech about proper use of incendiary missile and rocket punch and you would find they will tell you to keep up incendiary as much as possible and rocket punch should only be used to proc railshot.

2. You are having problems with heat management, because you aren't using rocket punch to proc rail shot. No wonder why you can't refresh incendiary, you are using rocket punch incorrectly thus resulting in less rail shots.

3. Why would you want to use FB as a primary source of proc'ing railshot if you are not a fan of RNG? Rocket punch has a 60% chance to proc, FB has a 45% chance. I really don't understand your logic or lack there of.

4. I have contributed far more to the powertech community than you have. I've posted a few guides, uploaded my parses on the PTS threat, one of which was the highest pyro parse right up until the nerf. I'm not trying to be a jerk. I'm telling you that you have no idea how to play the spec properly, and it is better off for the community for you to not post this guide, because it will spread misinformation. I'm done arguing here. I'm really not going to continue trying to make my case, when you won't concede that you have obvious flaws in your rotation.

Here is a guide I wrote a month ago. Its for an obsolete build, but just take out all the AP talents you can't get now and it is a good guide for pyro.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=604975

I like the cut of your jib.

Newer players, listen to this guy, ignore OP.

• 1 month later...
Just be aware this is a basic guide for any newcomers to start them off so please feel free to add comments to the videos and making the guide better just be sure its gonna be good info if you decide to put your 2 cents in.

Just be aware this is a basic guide for any newcomers to start them off so please feel free to add comments to the videos and making the guide better just be sure its gonna be good info if you decide to put your 2 cents in.

Dude bbare knows his stuff. I'd just stop trying to argue with his points, which are totally and completely valid. Inc Missile up ALLLLLLL THE TIME, RP to proc RS once RS's cd is 10sec or less and that's the ONLY time you ever use RP, TD was and still is worthless in pve and is NOT a suitable replacement for Inc Missile (seriously, have you ever read your skill tree?)

And also if you hate the class why the hell make a guide? You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. You're claiming the spec is so easy that people should start out here, but you're not even playing the spec correctly. Don't mean to reiterate, but have you ever read your skill tree? FFS man. Go home