The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Stupid Things Star Wars Characters have done (My Top Ten)

Neltronluur

Palpatine telling Luke to kill Vader and after Luke refused, he turns his back to Vader like everything's ok? Bad idea.

To be fair, Vader betrayed the Jedi Order that had raised him, turned on Obi Wan, his mentor and father figure, turned on his wife, and slaughtered dozens of children and countless others. I can't really blame the Emperor for not considering that after nearly 30 years of betrayal and atrocities Vader would suddenly develop a soft spot. :p

Edited by jovianus

To be fair, Vader betrayed the Jedi Order that had raised him, turned on Obi Wan, his mentor and father figure, turned on his wife, and slaughtered dozens of children and countless others. I can't really blame the Emperor for not considering that after nearly 30 years of betrayal and atrocities Vader would suddenly develop a soft spot. :p

Sure but that was not my point. My point was that Vader may very well kill Palpatine not because he liked Luke so much, but because Palpatine wanted him to die by Luke's hand a minute earlier.

And what part of that required leaving his mother in slavery? As you said, it didn't work anyway. :p

They could have taken him anywhere. He could have been raised on Coruscant and no one would have been any the wiser. Vader had no magical ability to identify his children.

Tatooine may actually have been the worst possible choice, especially putting him in the care of Owen and Beru and having him keep the name 'Skywalker'. Vader was oblivious to Leia's identity until he sensed it in Luke's mind, and there no indication he had any idea who Luke was when he was chasing him across the surface of ht e Death Star. We know he's aware by ESB...what are the odds that maybe 2 and 2 were put together when he found out that the Rebel who made the impossible shot was named 'Skywalker', was keeping company with Obi-Wan Kenobi, and travelling around on a ship that had been seen on Tatooine?

while that is ture, they did know how to scene those strong in the force and those at a young age like mara were taken away and trained as acolytes, weather vader had found out he was his son wouldn't have mattered courscant was no longer safe.

Sure but that was not my point. My point was that Vader may very well kill Palpatine not because he liked Luke so much, but because Palpatine wanted him to die by Luke's hand a minute earlier.

Except that is what Sith do. So it would not be out of character for Vader to have stood by. Plus, Palpatine was the most powerful Darksider of his time and felt that even if Vader decided to turn on him, like Malgus did, Vader was in no shape to offer much of a fight. Well, overconfidence was his downfall.