Hypergate

BlackSpin

In my opinion... I don't think the other team should get points for kills until after they get their pylon. The way it works now, is the other team gets their points whether they have the pylon or not, as long as they get the pylon at some point during the round. Which means an effort to try to delay their pylon cap means nothing...

Doing this would make the game more interesting, I think...

Do you all agree?

No I don't agree, you get far more points for holding a pylon, so a valid tatic can be to fight to prevent the other side from taking a pylon, a lot of fun in a close match. So it is valid for both sides to get points for kills.

Currently there is no incentive to go over to the enemy's pylon... except to SAP cap during the last 10 seconds or so. Holding a pylon is great, but I think there should be incentive for delaying or holding the off the cap as long as you can (like CW).

You're right a valid tactic would be to prevent the other side from taking the pylon... but when/if they do cap, they get ALL of the points for kills during the time they didn't have it, which sucks... Just my 2 cents.

No I don't agree, you get far more points for holding a pylon, so a valid tatic can be to fight to prevent the other side from taking a pylon, a lot of fun in a close match. So it is valid for both sides to get points for kills.
Edited by BlackSpin

If this would be the case, there would be really no reason to go to middle at all. When attacking to enemy's pylon, there will always be a lot of dying on both sides, usually more at the attacking side. Now, if the defenders wouldn't get anything before they have capped the pylon, the attackers wouldn't have anything to lose - so why to go to mid at all?

The system works great right now. The main event is at mid because attacking to the other people's pylon is risky business and usually only done if it's the only way to win/by a few stealthers that can escape if the attack fails. Delaying the other people from getting the pylon isn't that crucial, but sometimes it may draw enemies from the mid, letting allies to take control of it.

Hmmm.. I don't see it that way. I don't know about "works great," I always let out an audible groan whenever I get this war zone. With the door timers, & the distance from the nodes... 1 team can't hold two pylons for long, unless they're fighting a very horrible team. I couldn't see anything really changing. Other than you're rewarded for holding them off for a while.... By not letting them get points. Maybe I'm not following you correctly.

If this would be the case, there would be really no reason to go to middle at all. When attacking to enemy's pylon, there will always be a lot of dying on both sides, usually more at the attacking side. Now, if the defenders wouldn't get anything before they have capped the pylon, the attackers wouldn't have anything to lose - so why to go to mid at all?

The system works great right now. The main event is at mid because attacking to the other people's pylon is risky business and usually only done if it's the only way to win/by a few stealthers that can escape if the attack fails. Delaying the other people from getting the pylon isn't that crucial, but sometimes it may draw enemies from the mid, letting allies to take control of it.

Preventing them from capping does nothing except give them kills

Hmmm.. I don't see it that way. I don't know about "works great," I always let out an audible groan whenever I get this war zone. With the door timers, & the distance from the nodes... 1 team can't hold two pylons for long, unless they're fighting a very horrible team. I couldn't see anything really changing. Other than you're rewarded for holding them off for a while.... By not letting them get points. Maybe I'm not following you correctly.

I've won quite many matches by not letting the enemy cap at all. Right now, that's something that is only done in an emergenzy, because it's risky. If the change that you hope for would be made, that strategy would probably be used every single time.

If delaying the enemy does nothing in this wz, maybe you should consider skipping that delaying altogether.