The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Cartel Market credits

Glorthox

Isn't it about time for the cartel market to have the ability to buy thousands of credits? Considering the GTN is absurd in pricing.

Dude, you DO realize that you can already do this, right?

Buy some Inventory expansions, additional cargo bay unlocks, or Cartel packs and toss them on the GTN or sell them directly through chat to other people.

It's just one additional step that you have to take instead of just getting the credits from the CC - and while it's in effect the same thing, the public "outrage" at buying "credits" isn't as bad for Bioware.

Not to mention, that absurd GTN you're talking about there will work in your favor in this case. ;)

Edited by Callaron

I'd rather buy them items and then sell those items to get credits. :l Players can get their hands on those things then.

Yep, it works perfectly as it is:

1) People with little time and a lot of cash to spare will buy Cartel items and sell them through the GTN to make some easy money so that can spend their precious time on doing something fun, rather than farming.

2) People with a lot of free time, but not a lot of financial means will play the game and buy the items from #1

3)This approach significantly cuts down on 3rd party RMTs, which means less hacking and scamming for everyone - and frees up tons of resources for the GMs that would normally have to investigate and track down all those perpetrators each time - a good thing for everyone involved since it frees up their time to actually help out players with other problems.

Some people probably don't like it much, but people with money to spare will always find a way to get things in game through their finances, the MMO industry has caught on to this - and SWTOR in particular does it very well IMO, as do the Perfect World games - where you can buy store currency with in game money from other players, making the system very similar to SWTOR, just a different execution.

Dude, you DO realize that you can already do this, right?

Buy some Inventory expansions, additional cargo bay unlocks, or Cartel packs and toss them on the GTN or sell them directly through chat to other people.

It's just one additional step that you have to take instead of just getting the credits from the CC - and while it's in effect the same thing, the public "outrage" at buying "credits" isn't as bad for Bioware.

Not to mention, that absurd GTN you're talking about there will work in your favor in this case. ;)

The difference is when you sell items on GTN other people buy them with in game credits. If you could just buy credits there be no reason to put any cartel items on GTN. At least the way it's set up now people need to buy your item on GTN, which means some one has to farm credits to buy cm items on GTN. If you can just buy credits, then there would super inflation with the cost of items on GTN.

You could argue there is no limit on how much credits you can farm, but realistically people will only farm so much of credits each week. Thus, there is a limit as to how much credits people are willing to farm each week, which translates into how much time their willing to do dailies, farm, craft, and so forth to make credits.

Finally, not all the cm items sell well so there is some limitations on how much you can earn from selling cm items on GTN. Granted if some one buys enough items from the cm the can generated a lot of credits, bu it will cost them a lot of money in real life and grand majority aren't willing to spend that much money to generate credits in game.

Edited by Knockerz

Just no... simple no... Cause then what would be the point of even playing the game? People would just buy credits to gear up there guys and be done with the game. I don't agree to this.

Well, normally i would agree with you, but right now, the GTN prices are totally over the top and it has been for quite sometime and the players obviously don't want to fix the economy, since they tend to be the ones benefiting from this fubar'ed economy.

So, i would either go for buying credits for CCs or the gear or mods themselves for CCs, the gear/mods leveling up as i do.

I mean 1500cc for an armoring, mod and enhancement or 1000cc for an armoring and a mod (for the belts and bracers) i would so pay for that, its not like i will be getting a fair deal for mods or gear in this game from other players.

The difference is when you sell items on GTN other people buy them with in game credits. If you could just buy credits there be no reason to put any cartel items on GTN. At least the way it's set up now people need to buy your item on GTN, which means some one has to farm credits to buy cm items on GTN. If you can just buy credits, then there would super inflation with the cost of items on GTN.

You could argue there is no limit on how much credits you can farm, but realistically people will only farm so much of credits each week. Thus, there is a limit as to how much credits people are willing to farm each week, which translates into how much time their willing to do dailies, farm, craft, and so forth to make credits.

Finally, not all the cm items sell well so there is some limitations on how much you can earn from selling cm items on GTN. Granted if some one buys enough items from the cm the can generated a lot of credits, bu it will cost them a lot of money in real life and grand majority aren't willing to spend that much money to generate credits in game.

There already is inflation of item costs, its called crafting and selling it for insanely high prices, alot of the stuff is cheaply crafted, god i wish i loved crafting....i would be a trillionare with my idea.

An absolutely terrible idea. While we're at it why not add a automatic BiS cartel purchase for 3500 coins... good idea...right?

Nah, not BiS, even wow heirlooms are not the best you can get, i just want to be able to enjoy the game without getting shafted by greedy *** players, thats all.

Well I am not saying it is good or bad... but Guild Wars 2 lets players trade Gems for Gold.

It is quite popular.

So do all the Perfect World games like Jade Dynasty - which is where I figured they got the idea originally.

There already is inflation of item costs, its called crafting and selling it for insanely high prices, alot of the stuff is cheaply crafted, god i wish i loved crafting....i would be a trillionare with my idea.

so your solution to high prices in the market place is to flood the game with even more easy money?

Look the reason why prices on the GTN are so high right now is because it's so EASY to get money. at level 50 you can get over 100k credits just by doing your dalies.

Yes.

If they added an option to buy credits, the in-game economy would be even worse than it is now. Mass inflation. GW2 has this option - however the exchange isn't worth it - you can spend, say $20, but you get such a small amount of currency that it's really pointless. It's also based on an exchange system - so you could swap market currency with game currency, and vice versa.

Also, with the GTN and selling CM items - it can be hit or miss. One week your item might go for 200k-500k, but then inevitably someone will undercut by 50k-200k, and that value is lost. It depends on supply and demand. Considering player logic on the GTN, and what I assume is either laziness or a general lack of knowledge in economics, they crash every market at some point.